FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:05:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Sedan - One piece door glass  (Read 3399 times)
festa

Any one smell rubber.

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:54:16 PM »

Hey Fellas, Im interested in hearing your thoughts on one piece sedan door glass, has any one had any made and how did it go? I think it would be cool, what do you think?
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 11:51:50 PM »

they would smooth things up in the window area but you wouldnt be able to wind the rears down very far and the front might hit the hinges.
allthough I like stuff looking smooth I also like quarter windows.
do a side on drawing and then copy it and add the quarter windows and see if they make the car look longer/shorter or the roof look lower or higher, maybe you could do something on the computer with that photoshop thingy wich I still dont know how to use.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 01:20:25 AM »

With a bit of tint it might be like this?

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 01:47:48 AM »

There's some metal surgery involved , If you look along the window you will notice the quarter runs at a different angle to the door glass .
Al from the blue mountains had a FC coupe with the doors legthened and 1 piece glass .
Are you here Al ? Maybe you could whack a few pics up Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 01:57:52 AM »

Other than the meatl surgery, you will also need to incorporate a twin arm style glass lifter as the glass has much less bailey channel holding it straight.  Or you could fit electric glass lifters which hold the glass better than the stock lifter.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

BYE-BYE had no quarter windows front or back, but it was not a simple task at all.

This is the best picture I have of it to hand, where the one-piece glass is visible.  Both the front and rear modifications have had to bring the edge of the glass inwards slightly to provide sufficient channel (as Ken mentioned).

The reason the original rear quarter-window exists is because of the wheel-arch shape in the bottom of the rear doors.  You can see in the close-up that there is an edge at the rear of the window frame to give the glass some rear channel.  What isn't visible is the box-shaped section in the trailing edge of the rear door (outwards) and in the wheel arch (inwards) to give the window room to fully wind down.

Hope all that is some help.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
festa

Any one smell rubber.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »

Thanks for the info and piccies, the thought occured to me while stripping the doors for blasting and repairs not sure if its something I'll tackle as the to do list far out ways the have done list and I would  like to drive the car.......one day.
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: