FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:15:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My old mans FE - Now mine.  (Read 33484 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:13 AM »

Hi Peter and Peter's Dad

Don't worry "Dad" I figured you were alive and kickin!  I probably should have put quotation marks around my comment about the inheritance!  By the sounds of it Peter is proud as punch of what you have done and the fact that he has now "inherited" your car! 

Thanks for the history on the car and it's great to see some "young blood" on the forum.  You have some really neat ink there too Peter.  Hope both enjoy your time here on the forum and cruisin in the wagon!   

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »

Love the wagon Pete (and Dad). If you tap the end of the indicator stalk do you get a bang out of it? Grin

regards
weddo
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 01:37:17 PM »

If you have a close look, the gear lever is a fabricated replica of a 12 gauge shotgun shell and the indicator is a .270 calibre bullet case with a fitted and tapped insert.  The originals are pearled like the steering wheel, but Peter is a fourth year fitter and turner and likes to fiddle with things.

Tim

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 04:59:09 PM »

I recall seeing a FE 219 like this parked on the oval at Bendigo swap meet about 10 to 15 years ago - would this be the same one.

Love the car

Ken
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »

Probably, it was there several times . Were you the bloke that asked if the old man wanted to join the FE FC car club of victoria?

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »

No it wasn't but he probably got inundated with people looking at the car since the Vic club used to have an informal meeting at the Bendigo swap not long after we formed, so there would have been great excitement especially in the early days to see a rare car like this in such good condition.

I hope he wasn't put off too much.

I remember seeing the car there on maybe 3 occasions.

Ken
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »

Ken,

Most of the group of people that talked to me on one occasion from the FE/FC club were alright, although I had one bloke spend 20 minutes explaining to me everything he didn't like about the car and all the mistakes I had made with it.  He couldn't accept that it was MY car and I could do it how ever the hell I wanted to.  When I asked to see his car, which I expected to be immaculate, I was shown a two tone FC with crazed and faded paint and non matching interior.  He then proceded to point out that at least his was original and therefore far better than mine.  I didn't do the car for anyone but me, so I wasn't that interested in talking to him anymore.  If I seemed rude to anyone else that came up to me, I apologise.

Tim

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 02:12:25 PM »

Tim, sounds like you were more than tolerant having to endure that for 20 minutes. I think I know who you mean but I'm not going to mention names.
I totally agree with you - lots of people ask me and raise questions on this forum about how they should build their car seemingly to please others.  My experience is that if you build your car for any other reason than it is how YOU want it, then it is likely that you wont enjoy it once it is finished.

Ken
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 08:16:11 PM »

Original Purchase Receipt

HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 09:36:54 PM »

What an amazing car and history! That car was purchased not 1km from where i live in Monbulk from the local Holden Dealer owned by a well known Monbulk family the Andersons. The car would then have been driven around 7/8kms away down past the Silvan dam and right to Hollis road Burleigh/Silvan Downs. It would have spent a good part of its life covered in Rich Red mountain mud which makes its long life all the more remakable. I will endeavour to find out a little more about the owner/house.
Well done and thanks for sharing some great history
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 09:59:57 PM »

I see this is a very late FE.
Interestingly, the rego was paid on the day that the FC was released.
Nice added bit of history....and Brett, I would be interested to see some pics from now.
Tim, did you purchase the car from the address shown on the rego papers?
Regards
Alex

HAD 708

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »

The site of the dealer is still there but now operates as a Mitre 10 Hardware. Though you can see where the showroom was etc.
Cheers
Brett

Brett Gillard
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 06:53:22 AM »

Hello Brett & Alex,

Alex, If you read on page 1 I explained how I came across the car.  The bloke I got it from said it came from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, but I can't remember exactly where. It had been owned by an old lady (original owner?) but her family had put it in the shed.  I don't know what happened to her.

Brett, that is fantastic to get some knowledge from up around that area.  I once tried calling people with that surname in the White pages although had no luck finding anyone who knew of this lady or her car.  I might come for a drive in the next few weeks - would it be possible to still take a photo of the car in front of the original showroom?  Thanks very much for the info, if you find out anything else could you please let me know.

Thanks

Tim & Peter

Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 08:18:55 AM »

I think I know who you mean but I'm not going to mention names.

Ken
go on Ken, spill the beans, I'm sure he's mellowed with age by now Grin.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 07:07:39 PM »

Pictures before, during, and after

Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »

I haven't had the wagon out for a few months and when I did I struck a problem that some of you should be aware of.  The red motor was fitted with roller rockers, although it turns out the supplier sold me 350 chev rockers which are the same ratio ( 1.5 to 1).  When I started the car it developed a bad miss which I eventually traced to a broken screw in stud.  It had punched the posilock and the top 10 mm of the stud clean off.  It is now back on the road with an upsize from 3/8 to 7/16 th studs and yella terra "street terras".  I also put a rebuilt and recurved electronic distributor in it.  NOW running much better and quieter than ever.

Note to self:............DO NOT USE CHEV ROCKERS ON HOLDEN 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »

Not good to hear about your problems but very good that you got it sorted out and it's now running well!  Cheesy

NosFEratu
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 05:15:39 PM »

G'day Tim & Pete,
                       I, like most, love the wagon and look forward to seeing it in the flesh and having a chat. I also have a FE Wagon and had envisaged it looking like yours when it is finished. Mine has a darker green roof and the light green body. I hope you are taking it to the State Titles so we can meet up. I will have my FE Sedan there, it has a Chev in it and its Vanilla Peach, you won't miss it.
  Look forward to catching up
                                       Cheers Scott
Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

Hello Scott,

I should pay more attention to this site and what is going on!  I would like to go, but it seems I have missed out on the entry closing date.  If you are out the western side of Melbourne one day, give me some notice and we can meet up if you like.

Tim

Neat_FE_Wagon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 09:53:36 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fj9O05yWgw

Have a look at Peter on his quad in the driveway after washing it.  Also look at what is in the garage.

Now picture how long it took to clean what is in the garage after his bit of fun!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: