FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Expressions of Interest - FE Fibreglass Model  (Read 12792 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 07:03:02 AM »

Hey Andrew.
I am a long time subscriber of Newsledder. The latest issue with the HW's customs is great. I modify HW's also and have posted several pics in the 'Little Cars' section of this forum. If you get a chance, check 'em out.
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=models
The Trax are a bit pricey, but that means less people tend to modify them........fun to do though.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 07:16:31 AM by custom_fc » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 08:00:19 AM »

The trax cars are overpriced for what they are - so I dont collect them.

I think the phrase you're looking for is "I think the trax cars are overpriced for what they are - so I don't collect them."

Because the speed at which they sell out and the prices they go for on Ebay tend to suggest otherwise.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 08:52:05 PM »

Wow Alex!...didnt realise this board is rife with hotrodders- seems Ive been preaching to the converted :-/ - never mind - I marvel at the skill and patience required to modify these tiny cars.
My model collecting is very limited-  Over many years I have slolwy collected a few hundred hot wheels cars and a few dozen other larger scale (1:18 ) My disposable income is  pretty much non existant- so am very carefull as to avoid falling into the consumer trap of lining my house with interesting but mostly useless items- having said that - if I could afford it- I would probably go ballistic with collecting - and then feel guilty I didnt spend the money on the real cars.

It must take a significant amount of time and effort to get those  HW cars looking so neat....  I'm definitly impressed! Cheap too!- Other than your time of course.

Your perfectly right of course RET- this is probably why I stay away from ebay- everything seems to be out of my price bracket.  Sad I would love a trax collection - but there will always be a project thats gunna take priority Roll Eyes
Cheers streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
snoopy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2005, 04:12:31 AM »

hi
thet look great can i get a fc modle

Peter 0403963431
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2005, 04:41:17 AM »

It's been a long time since this thread was updated, unfortunately.

Quite a few difficulties in the manufacturing process have led to extensive delays and an increase in costs.  The price of these models is should be $300 unpainted, or approximately $350 painted (Price on Application).

I had examples of these models on display at Jindabyne, so others can attest to the level of detail in them.

If you would like to find out more about them, contact Sid directly on 0432 355 098.  He does not have access to the forum, so specific questions and orders should be done by phone.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: