FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:28:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Accessory of the week - where?  (Read 5175 times)
texmorton

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2015, 05:12:13 PM »

G'day everyone,

I have just joined up and am trying to access info on accessories for FE's but can't seem to find the "Accessory of the week" section that comes up in searches; is it still on the forum somewhere?

I have not filled in my profile yet but will get around to it. I have an FE sedan in bits and will get around to a full standard restoration when I move somewhere with a bit more shed space. I currently have an EK Station Sedan that I have dragged out of the shed after a 20 year hiatus and is now on club reg. I am back to scouting around after parts and living and breathing old Holdens after setting things aside for a few decades. anyway, keen to find out a few more things about FE's, particularly accessories etc so would like to take a look at the accessory of the week section.

I have a few wrecks and might get around to putting the serial numbers into the database when I can. I found another FE wreck in a paddock this week with half the Detroit flash kit left on it (paddock bomb, knocked about a little...); that is two I have found with the Detroit flash kit on them and know of another one in a paddock interstate so there seems to be a few around. I have a full set of trim that I will put on my FE when I get around to putting it together. I would like to post a picture but can't seem to work it out. thanks Al
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 05:34:30 PM »

It's in the club members section, you need to be a club member to get into it.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »

What state are you in Al?
All you need to do is get in touch with your local club and this will open the doors.
This site is run and paid for by the various FE FC car clubs around Australia, and as such, some sections are restricted to members of those clubs.
Hope this seems appropriate rather than discriminatory to you.

We would love to see some photos of your cars and photos of wrecks (we love wreck photos)
Becoming a club member also opens an easy way to post pics as well.

Ken
texmorton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »

Right oh, thanks for your replies. I am in the Grampians in Victoria but not really ready to join a club as not actively working on the car and won't be for a few years yet, just collecting parts and building up my knowledge at this stage. What would be the closest club or most appropriate for western Victoria? Thanks Al
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 05:34:50 PM »

Join the Victorian club Al - fantastic bunch of people, have great club runs and functions and all are more than happy to share knowledge.  Cheers, Graeme
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 07:58:37 PM »

Right oh, thanks for your replies. I am in the Grampians in Victoria but not really ready to join a club as not actively working on the car and won't be for a few years yet, just collecting parts and building up my knowledge at this stage.

I have heard that a story a lot, having been involved in clubs for many years I can tell you most people don't care if you have a long term project and enjoy hearing about what you are doing or going to do to it. Being in a club also gives you a social resource of people who can help, give advice or help with parts and labour, you may even be in the position to help others in return. Sure you can get most if not all the parts and services you need via the internet, but not everyone is on Facebook or a forum member.
The best time to join a club is at the start of your project!

Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 08:18:37 AM »

agree with Stinky 100%.. just check out my thread Tongue
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »

Al, if you are interested in FE FC accessories, check out the Vic club auction in 2 weeks time. Plenty of goodies there to excite you. Proxy bidding is available if you are unable to attend.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: