FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:50:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Window support  (Read 2696 times)
FC229

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:17 PM »

Hi All,
The support for the drivers door window came away from the window over the weekend. When I removed the rubber and cleaned the support up, it had rusted (I assume pushing the window out) and has a few small holes, but still strong enough to use. I have cleaned and converted the rust, but not too sure how to go about getting the window back in and working long term.
I am thinking about replacing the rubber with silicone to hold the window in. I would have to add something to the outside where the original rubber stopped water running down onto the winding mechanism.

If anyone has had any successes or failures in repairing this it would be great to have some advise to get me headed in the right direction.
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »

Are you refering to the rail that pushes the window up and down or the rails either side in the bottom of the door?
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »

I have used silastic or sikaflex to repair this fault often. Have never bothered about reproducing the flap on the side.

Ken
FC229

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 07:38:32 PM »

Are you refering to the rail that pushes the window up and down or the rails either side in the bottom of the door?

The rail that pushes the window up and down..

Thanks Ken too for your input
FX1975
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »

Spectrum rubber had this material available in a range of thicknesses though it is minus the flap I beleive

Hope this helps
                              Frank 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: