FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:56:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Panel Van  (Read 3993 times)
David Norman
« on: October 10, 2003, 07:38:23 AM »

I have a totally original FC Panel Van and interested to correspond with same. Personally I have never seen another one, but I'm sure they're out there. Will post pic for anyone interested.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 08:17:28 AM »

David,

There aren't a huge number of these around, but they are out there. Slim in the NSW club had 3 at one stage!!

There was a hearse at the recent Nationals in QLD that had less than 10 000 miles from new, even had the original tyres. Shocked

We would all love to see a picture of your car, and where abouts are you? The best place to correspond with other like minded people is through one of the state clubs.

Look forward to seeing and hearing more about it.

Cheers,

Craig.
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 08:37:58 AM »

David,

They are far and few between, but as Craig says, they are out there.

If you follow the following link, you'll find a photo of one I recently purchased.

http://photo.starblvd.net/FastEddie

I'm currently organising a blue slip for it, as I have to transfer it to NSW rego.

I hope to make it out to the NSW club meeting next week, however that really depends on my mechanic's schedule.

He seems to have a different excuse/emergency/priority ever time I call to see when it will be ready to pick up!

Regards

Edward

fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 09:05:59 AM »

I had a FC Panel Van once and it was painted brown and was effectionately known as the chocolate box to all the vic members, it was a wee little ripper with HD/HR drive line and various other little modifications.
I sold it several years ago to a guy called "Posum from the bush"  ( true )  who recently sold it to some guy down near Geelong ( vic ) who has done a total restoration on it and I would dearly love to catch up with this person to see how my old car is looking but unfortunately I have not ben able to trace this person.
Russell Bates  FCPV    a man and his van  Huh
P>S  if anyone knows of this person down geelong way please let me know Huh
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2003, 09:29:02 AM »

Hey Russell, I have an FC Panel van I picked up a few years ago from Loftus, near Sutherland NSW. It is chocolate brown, with side windows fitted, but me name ain't Posum.
It appears to have an EJ-EH steering column fitted, grey motor with a WEY rocker cover.
"Gary from Cambridge Park"
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2003, 07:07:49 PM »

Hey Russell,
                 There was a guy at the Vic club show and shine who came down from Geelong.He brought photos of his van restoration.It was a green van now from memory.It looked fanastic.I cant remember his name but he is a Vic club member.Dont know if this is the guy,but a good chance.

Regards Geoff
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 09:28:14 AM »

Thanks Gary and Geoff for those replies about the van, Geoff I think you might be very close to the eight ball as my Vans original colour was Green ( ex factory ) and was one of 6 vans brought brand new in 1957 by the Ronaldson - Tippett Machinery Company in Ballarat and yes of course it will have a FE  I.D. plate on it because I fitted it with an FC grille and dash etc to make it look like an FC, which of course is not to hard to do,  in the mean time I will have a word to Tony Galea to see if he knows who this person was with the photos that you spoke about.  Thanks for your info
Russell Bates   FCPV    and searching
fe2ek
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 10:33:29 AM »

I spoke to my wife about the guy because she saw the photos also.She thinks his name may have been Tony.The car was not too far away from being finished.He had also put a back seat in it for his kids.Ken might have also seen the photos.

Regards Geoff
fcpv
vic-club

FCPV

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 09:32:42 AM »

Thanks Geoff,  I have spoken to Tony Galea (  Club President ) about what you have said and your wife is right as it seems our man is Tony Hegasee ( not sure on that spelling of Tonys surname )  so I will have a talk with Tony next time I catch up with him and find out a little bit more history on this Van of his.
Thanks for all your help there Geoff, I will let you know of any results that may come from this.
Russell Bates  FCPV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: