FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:53:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Custom Wagon  (Read 12083 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: April 15, 2008, 02:19:39 PM »

Came across this while searching Photobucket

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »

hey stinky, i think thats colin austin's wagon from inverell n.s.w there is a pic of it and him in latest SM mag page 24...

same mag as steve johnsons blown wagon. Wink

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 03:02:01 PM »

Love the metalflake. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

What a cool car, love the paint and the murals. I also like the commodore chaser rims. It just goes to show that you don't need to fork out megabucks to get a nice looking tyre /wheel package

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:27:25 PM »

It is an interesting wagon.
Here's a better look.

Regards
Alex

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »

hey keith, i got a set of crummydore rims if your interested Wink
it is a nice looking ride though, if you read the write up in SM he has a thing for the old 253 V8
good to see someone still runs em Wink

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »

Smithy,

I'll pass on the commodore chaser rims, I recently gave my Father two 253 engines for his boat. He uses them as mooring points, one at the front, one at the back. Best use for them Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:31:06 AM »

no problems keith,
ive heard a lot of people use ford engines something about them sinking quicker Wink

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »

The Ford engines do sink quicker, and stay down better. I knew there was another reason as to why the worlds ocean levels are rising, nothing to do with global warming Grin Wink

But I have always referred to the 253 as the Claytons V8, you know the V8 you have when you are not having a V8 Grin

And if you really want to rev it, Chev it. Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 07:59:26 AM »

im planning to build a nice little 253... not a bad "little" motor.

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 11:19:53 AM »

no problems keith,
ive heard a lot of people use ford engines something about them sinking quicker Wink
   Why do they paint F##D  Engines Blue Huh so they won't scare the fish  Grin Grin .....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 05:09:59 PM »

Why do they paint F##D  Engines Blue  so they won't scare the fish    .....FC427......
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin i'll pay that one Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 05:16:09 PM »

Why do they paint F##D  Engines Blue Huh so they won't scare the fish  Grin Grin .....FC427......

ROFLMAO @ FC 427  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 05:16:33 PM »

I quote from a write up on Midnight Express in SM after the 1982 ASMF Nationals - "Could this be the best small block ever made?"

Hey, not my words - I didn't write the story - but I do remember them distinctly and have a good laugh everytime I hear someone discuss 253's!

Now add a tunnel ram and twin 465's on top of that 253, whack an aussie 4 speed behind it and finish it off with a 10 bolt and you have one of the most difficult combinations to get off the line with - but, if anyone out there remembers the train coming out of a Vic Show n Shine many years ago - it is possible to get that combination snaking across 3 lanes!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin My mate in his stock engined, but modified "looking", EJ coming out behind me was not impressed when he was taunted and asked if he could do one better than the "girly" just did!   Angry

Aaah, the memories keep flooding back  Cheesy 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »

Kathi please elaborate on "midnight express" it sounds all to familiar, i am starting to get some memories back and its got nothing to do with the movie Tongue

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »

Hi Dean

In a former life, I was married to Steve Dobson - we had the HT Van "Midnight Express" and took it to a lot of car shows during the 80's.  It didn't "fit" - vanners said it was a street machine and street machiners said it was a van - but Steve wanted a van without the mirror balls, non working TV's and stereos slotted in just to get extra points at shows and he definitely didn't want the suit of armour that opened up with the mini plonk and glasses inside (Geez, I wish I had some photos of Howard's (yes, Astill) Dark Metallic Green Van with the mustard crushed velvet interior and that suit of armour! - cracks me up everytime I think about it). Grin Grin Grin

Kathi   Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »

Damn i remember that van Shocked
and worst of all i remember the suit of arnmour bar..........

lets leave it there shall we Tongue

but i do remember very much liking midnight express, i used to buy van wheels when it was still alive i was a northern beaches ( nsw) surf bum and vans were the ducks guts, then every copy of SM and was inspired by a lot of very early hot holdens. but it was the FE-FC's that really got me.

too many memories, but all too cloudy Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »

Damn i remember that van Shocked
and worst of all i remember the suit of arnmour bar..........

You don't know how glad I am that some-one else knows what I am talking about   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 12:35:00 AM »

Hi Kathi,
i just letting you know that I too who used to buy magazines like Vanwheels and Custom Vans and Trucks remember Midnight Express. I also remember Howard Astill's Van with the suit of Armour.

IIRC there were some early holden vans as well, Pat Fays FJ would be the most memorable but there was a green coloured FE Vanand a black FE van as well. Ring any bells??

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 09:05:57 AM »

Hi EffCee

Geez you must be "old" too  - either that or you read your big brother's magazines!  Grin  I was a child bride by the way  Wink

We didn't attend too many van shows and I personally wasn't a real avid reader of VW, so I can't really recall the FE Vans but I definitely know Pat's FJ as it used to compete against the train for murals (FYI - he never beat them!) 

There was a red FE windowed van here in SA owned by a guy called Pierre that I loved (the van not Pierre that is) - I went home from one of the shows and was talking to my dad about Pierre and his van and dad tells me he spent Xmas down one of the GMH Elizabeth maintenance pits with him when something major went wrong one year (dad was the maintenance foreman and Pierre was one of his crew at that stage) - small world!

Another guy here in SA, Kevin Brown also had a black windowed FE van that he used for his signwriting business - it always looked nice. I deliberately used to pull up alongside his van in my black sedan when he was signwriting at shopping centres - it was quite a sight even back then!  Shocked

I will post some shots and the story of John and mine's FE van in the readers rides section when I get a chance. 

And it's great to know there are a few others out there that remember that suit of armour!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: