FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 04:41:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: REPLACEMENT RUST PANELS  (Read 13456 times)
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 07:19:10 PM »

I think that the fabrication you speak of will take quite a lot of work to do becuase the steel thickness is greater than floor pan steel.
I look forward to seeing how you go making the ends up.

I would venture to state that my opinion is that the Rares sills with pressed ends would be better value. Even if they do need some work to fit perfectly.

Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »

Why can't Rares make them  properly so they fit with out the need to have work done on them they certainly have a market for the item and they fit more than one model FE FC FB EK they must have gone to a fair amount of expense in making them ...it doesent make sense to make a product that seem to draw so much criticism .....I have a NOS set that I would gladly loan to them if they need an original set to correct what they are presently making .......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 08:51:12 PM »

Couldn't agree more if it's worth doing it's worth doing right

Golden Holdens FE-FC
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 11:01:52 PM »

I took a drivers side sill back to Rares here in SA thinking that it was a defective one as it was quite different to the other side.They had ordered me in another which when I got down there (An hour and a bit drive later) was exactly the same.The answer I got was that "the die they use to press them is very old now".I can appreciate this but I would have thought that the cost they sell these panels for would have paid for a new die by now.This is only my opinion.I have nothing bad to say about the service though.They were quick to get in another panel and didn't give me a hard time.I still think it is easier to have the ends on them even if it was only the dogleg end as it was hard enough to get this to fit up nicely without having to make it from scratch then try to get it to look original.Of the 5 FC's I have,all would have needed this to be fabricated by hand.That is fine for those who have the skills but that's not for everyone.I think I just concluded my own point  Huh.That is if you don't need the ends or can make new ones,get one of the others.If you can't,get the Rares ones....That really wasn't so hard.... Roll Eyes Cheesy

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »

I sent an email to Les from Rares thinking he might be interested in this thread, long story short, Rares updated the tooling last year and invites you to compare and return if not happy.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: