FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: front guard rubbers  (Read 1940 times)
vanessa

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »

can you buy the rubbers that go between front guard & pillar & front guard to top of eng.bay?   eg had guard of want to put back on with rubbers
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:38:40 AM »

Vanessa the rubber that goes between the guard and the front pillar was originalley part of the door rubber the re pro rubber do not have this and you will have to glue in a thin strip of rubber there for a replacement , as for the top edge it was just bolted down with a sealing compound between the faces ....Butyl Mastic should do the trick ......FC427....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
vanessa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:02:08 PM »

thanks for the information.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »

There was an antisqueak rubber between the fender and the pillar (part # 7409621 & 7409622) and also one between the fender and the grille (part # 7410013 & 7410014). At the very point of the inner guard at the rear there was a big blob of sealer which filled up a gap between the body, the skirt & the fender. It's rare to find these rubbers on cars unless the guard has never been pulled off in its life. Even rarer for people to put put them back on a resto or a rod. Their purpose as the name suggests was to stop body squeaks, but modern sealants do just as good a job. Nobody makes these rubbers as a repro and they are almost always dry and hard when removed. I have made replacements from U shaped rubber section in the past for my cars, but I would only do this if you were REALLY fussy.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: