FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:49:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: AlfioM new project  58 FE S/W  (Read 6751 times)
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006, 10:25:46 PM »

Hi Every, this going to be my next resto ,as is going to be orginal.no mod this time .it a 1958 model,hoping to have it ready for the next nats, cheers AlfioM Smiley

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 01:15:16 AM »

These are more pic of the S/W ,the car is very original, l do like the coulors of this car and it will be done as it was brand new 50 years ago,cheers AlfioM Smiley
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 01:35:21 AM »

Here are some more pic of the body side of it ,all floor pans are shot ,but were the rear seat goes is clean ,becuse some has put drain hole and save that side of the floor.what im going to do is to get all four  brand floor pans and and a good humps and weld a complete new floor panel in one piece,that would be a clean and neat easy way .The roof is r##ed,it will be cit off competely and l have another one to replace.more pic soon stay tune cheers AlfioM
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 02:04:01 AM »

Interesting car.  Has it ever had courtesy light switches?

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 02:07:55 AM »

Alfio,
What a worthy project.  It will great to see it as it progresses.  I am interested by the passenger door interior paintwork.  Same colours as my special sedan, but yours has a different section of the lighter shade along the top going back towards the lock button.  Mine is the dark shade all through the length of the window.
Is this the way for wagons, just a variation or something that has been done at some time just in this car?  I'd be interested to hear from any of the gurus who know about interior paint schems and this variation.

Restore well, Alfio,

Cheers,
David

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 04:03:09 AM »

Hay Brett, David ,  Brett do you mean a dipper switch on the b piller no it hasent,  David what you see is a piece of trim that is made on all four doors ,the same as the trims in the car brown underneath then what you see is the bone colour,l will do it same as it was cheers AlfioM Smiley
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »

Good to hear you will be making this your next project Alfio.

I have seen this car, it needs a fair bit of work but as Alfio says, it's original.

It is also a scarce model with an uncommon colour scheme, having said that, I am fortunate to have it's twin sister, same model, colours etc but no Detroit Flash.

With the inner door David, this is probably a paint protection arm rest, you have more than likley seen them, it is vinyl over an alloy form that clips in between the baily channel & door frame, looks like your sedan will soon have some same coloured company.

Hey Brett, being a 229, the courtesy light switches are probably just MIA.

Cheers, Gary
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 09:01:50 AM by zulu » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:49 AM »

Does it have the same badge on the front guard as John Slater's car at the Nats?  If so it must have been done by the same dealership who put the detroit kits on John's car.
There looks to be a little switch or something just above where the door pillar switch is missing.  Is this a replacement door pillar switch?
Great project anyway - it looks to be a really interesting car

Can you tell us what the ID plate numbers and chassis number is please. I assume from Gary's post that it must be Cuban Beige and Russet Brown?

Regards   Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »

Ken,

My car has the whole FE glovebox badge on each guard, which have been ground down (!) to half the thickness of the original. I can't make it out properly but Alf's car seems to have only the Special part and the end of the badge on the guard.

My car was Brisbane assembled in November 57 and sold there.

I'm interested in the differences in interior colouring for FEs. Did all two tone cars have the door jambs the reverse of the outside colours, like this one?

When did the metallic colours finish for the door tops, was it when they went to black dash tops?

Were the dash boards always the primary colour?

Are there any colour codes for the interior metallic colours?

Sorry for all the questions Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 05:08:07 AM »

Hi John, there is no metallic interior painted on these models, only 48-215 did and may be early FJ, my mudgurd badge is the same as your John its broken,my is a 58 model will post ID details next post,other point about colour of two toning well ,l feel that each state coulded had there own way of two toning there FEs back then cheer AlfioM Smiley
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 05:36:58 AM »

Hi Alf.

The brown on the interior doors and dash top on my car is a very fine metallic. I think yours may be different, as it is a late car with a black dash top?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 06:25:53 AM »

Alf,

That's not entirely true.  There were a couple of metallic colours painted on the inside of FEs: Etna Maroon and Bermuda Green (this was the "Duotone" colour on the inside of Levant Green single tone specials like Spinner's and my Faecal OUAT.)

However, the paint used on the dash-top area was treated with a flattening agent to make it less reflective.

John,

If your car's dash-top is Pueblo Tan, it could be mildly metallic.  Unfortunately it's a pre-mix in the paint-book, so it's hard to say for sure, but it is listed next to the other two colours I just mentioned, for whatever that's worth.

The reverse colour inside single-tone Specials was called Duotone, and was introduced during the FJ series, and continued throughout FE and FC (and possibly later).  Unfortunately the secondary colour doesn't appear on the ID plate, but Geoff_K has some original data that stipulates which colours went with what in the FE range.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »

Thanks Richard.

This may be becoming a little esoteric for most members, but the colour I refer to is not Corsair Tan.

Its completely unrelated and is a very fine metallic, as found in some FXs & FJs. Your car has a fine metallic blue, on the dash at least, this is in the same style. Will post a photo tomorrow

Cheers
John

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 09:08:26 AM »

Sorry, not Pueblo Tan.

John

the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 10:50:23 AM »

No worry ,yes Ret you are right about the metalic, my mistake, Cool here are the ID l said l will post up

FE229 4886-A
                 TRIM-206-727
                 PAINT-253-7455
                 RPO-253-7708
                 SUB 8-17500-B

Assembled during 1958 the 16,500 FE body in any body style, assembled in Brisbane Qeensland sorry no engine number,  the colour of this car is Cuban Beige with Russet Brown,hope will help you see off this model, cheers Alfio p.s metalic paint were very rarely used ,l have a formula of Etna Maroon there is only 1.6 gram of metalic with in 500grams of other tinters you have to have the sun light direct on the panel to see if you can.cheers AlfioM Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: