FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:51:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scratch plates  (Read 4849 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:38:31 AM »

Does anyone have any close up photos of original FC-FE scratch plates.I went out to look at 3 FE and one FC wrecks today and could not believe my eyes when one FE had a Continental kit and four immaculate scratch plates on it.Then I nearly fell over to see it had a Warneford Designs twin stromberg manifold an extractors on it.Also collected 2,2 piece sunvisors with the alloy strip.Gotta get lucky sometimes! Shocked Grin

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:44 AM »

Hey TT.
Sounds like an awesome score.
Tell me more about this continental kit you mentioned.
Where are you located, and if you are willing to say, where are these wrecks?
If there is still scratch plates and twin carbs, it sounds like these have not been picked over previously.

Did I mention I want to know more about the continental kit and the rest of this car? Any pics?
Regards
Alex

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »

I can't tell you where,I'm sorry.Private farm in SA.I picked up the bits I mentioned but the Continental kit would have taken me all day to get off.I have permission to take what ever I want (payment in beer).No photos yet but I basically didn't grab the kit because of time firstly,but I thought if someone was interested I can always go back.The kit is not complete.Missing the two strips from drivers door,some others have minor damage,most have no damage whatsoever.Let me know if what is there is of use. :)Cheers Jamie.

TAYZ
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 10:15:12 AM »

jamie,
           If you decide to go back can you please grab some pics of the wrecks??  I love pics of old wrecks especially ones that are a bit out of the ordinary, good score on the bits just goes to show they are still out there.........!!!!

tayz
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »

Yes I agree.I always try to take photos of the old girls lying around before they are touched but unfortunately forgot the b%#$&* camera!I will definitely go back as it looks like someone could use the bits that are left.Lots of glass also.I didn't mention that one of the 3 FE's is a station sedan,also has complete glass but is very, very rusty (sitting on it's belly in the dirt).Only managed to get the tailgate badge (pitted) which basically had rusted off.Sitting on the front seat was a NASCO? remote oil filter.Were they actually NASCO or do people just say that on Ebay to get more money for them?Will let you know when I have been back.I am still trying to figure out how to get my other photos of wrecks up (have read the instructions and now have a Photobucket account so shouldn't be too far away).

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 12:47:18 AM »

When you go back can you get the ID plate details and the chassis numbers as well?
Especially the wagon.
Nasco offered the oil filter as an accessory as well as other companies.  The Nasco versions included Ryco, AC and Fram.  All Nasco versions have a bracket which locates the filter on the side of the engine

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 05:08:06 AM »

Hi TTV6FE

Does the Continental Kit you refer to look like this?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:05 AM »

Hi John,yes the kit is identical to yours.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »

I'm very interested in the stripe kit if you can remove it all without damaging it anymore.

My daughter deperately wants me to build her an FE with that kit on it.

Regards  Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 07:43:36 AM »

Hi Ken,I can remove it without damage as I have some special home made tools for doing this and am very familiar with not damaging the strips in the process but as mentioned earlier,the kit is not complete.Is missing drivers door strips(both) and has damaged front guard strips(both) where the door has got caught on then and bent them up at right angles(bugger).The back left door had a small dent in one strip.I am quite happy to get what is left there anyway as I only have FC's and won't use it.If you have some spares it will be no problem.I noticed you have a small ding in the strip on your front guard and was disappointed to find that the respective strip on this kit is also damaged.Cheers,Jamie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: