FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:29:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: drum brakes  (Read 4904 times)
Simo

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »

brand new to this forum stuff!!
have an fc with HR front crossmember,186 motor and drums left fitted to front to suit 13 inch mags,previously registered in Tas seven years ago, can i re register in either tas or qld with those drums fitted to the front with the 186???  or will i have to fit discs and bigger wheels?
FE 4 ME
qld-club

Model: FE

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:41:45 PM »

Hi there Simo,
   !st of all welcome to this forum........this is a great place to learn almost every part of your car ( it surely has been for me ) there is more than a wealth of experience here, so feel free to ask the questions that have stumped you along the way ( even if you feel, like i have, they are very basic questions ) because learning more about your car is half the enjoyment of owning it.....

as for your questions, from what i know you need min HR front disc brakes, a electric wiper motor and seat belts if you want it reg, in QLD

i hope that helps you

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

OH i also forgot to mention a modification certification for the 186 motor install ( an engineer's certificate ) if it hasn't been Reg. with the 186 motor previously...if it has than fingers crossed you have the paperwork that goes with it... if you're wanting to Reg. it in QLD call the Queensland Transport, they helped me and steered me to people i needed advise from

hope that helps you Simo

FE 4 ME

$$$ Parts Catalogue 1948-1969 for sale ONLY $15 $$ all Money goes to the FE/FC Club QLD PM Me to get this great Catalogue
Simo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 07:52:21 PM »

Unreal,thank you for the reply FE 4 ME
How good is this forum thing!!!!
Will defiantly be askin some questions,just purchased the car for my wife,we are the fourth owners in 53 years,it's been in a shed for the past seven years unregistered and about to undergo a re build so I just want to get the rego and engineering requirements sorted first.,wife very excited,all advice greatly appreciated,thanks again
Simo
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »

no probs at all Simo, .....there are far more people on here that have so much more knownledge than me, so im sure if you need further help this forum is without a doubt the place for you...congrads on your purchase of a ozy classic..welcome to the world of the FE/FC Holden

i hope you and your wife enjoy the rebuild and journey

have fun

"Have A Great Holden (FE) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »

P.S. You're right " THIS FORUM ROCKS "

the members on here are all nice and very helpful , with the goal to help you in every way get your car on the road..

I'm so glad i joined

have fun.......

FE 4 ME

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 03:33:07 AM »

Welcome - it is a great forum and even helps those of us very far away...

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
FE 4 ME
qld-club

"A Sweet Sensation"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »

Simo i didnt mention when/if you do a front disc upgrade you will need to upgrade your master/booster..... if you're keen to do this upgrade i can fill you in on my set up.. there are a few different options you have....

"Have A Great Holden ( FE ) Day !!!" SmileySmileySmiley

FE 4 ME

Simo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

thanks,
Would like to see how you did yours as I have decided to go with the discs for sure..the discs and booster were all packed in a box in the boot!,!! Bonus! As much as I would love to keep the deep dish 13 inch rims but I believe they won't clear over the calipers? I also saw an older post showing boot spring tensioners,do you know how and if I can get get my hands on a set?
Thanks a heap for the help
Simo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: