FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:39:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Steering column plate in firewall  (Read 2919 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:31:38 PM »

Which bloody way do they go in Huh

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »

Small one on top and the raised lip facing inside.
Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:49:39 AM »

Picture 2 correct viewed from engine bay . Slot is for dimmer switch wires as the wires on FE FC attach below the floor  . If you are using this on that modified column then it would be a good idea to check [bolt the intermediate shaft to the rack and to the column without that plate in first ] . We used to weld the 2 plates together and blank the hole before recutting in the new position , then weld them to the steering column . This is because with the back mounted commodore rack and steering link ,the top universal joint will need to be recessed into the firewall and the position will vary depending on the rack to crossmember mounting position . As my old girl only has a red 6 I could get you some photos if it helps [I did it some 24 years ago] Cheers Haydn
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »

After I had my column modded with a Commodore intermediate shaft and associated ancillaries it was no longer a bolt in fit as it fouled on the steering column plate.   
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »

Thanks guys. Yeah I just wanted to see where the column was originally to see where the wheel was. I think I'll need the hole lower which will tilt the wheel up slightly. It's this difference I was going to check as well as making sure the Uni worked as it points down sharply.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: