FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:56:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rear window divider removal  (Read 2575 times)
moetstockie

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »

Huh I am on the 2nd resto of my FE station sedan. All going well but have had a brain freeze on rear window divider & quarter glass removal. Anyone thinking straight tonight. Looking forward to new paint on monday. Smiley
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:48:45 PM »

Not a lot of help, but I seem to recall that the rear quarter glass on a wagon door is a fairly tight fit, if the rubber seal is not re useable I suppose you could cut the rubber out but when I did mine I re used it as they did not remake them then, I don't think they do the wagon one now either but they do the sedan type so I suppose you could make one from 2 sedan ones

After drilling out the rivets at the top of the door frame and removing the sliding glass and divider you will need to place a hand on each side of the quarter glass and thump and push it forward and out of it's slot

Good luck with it

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:23:20 PM »

Looks like the rubber seal for this glass is available through ebay
Item # 262190836074
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 08:59:05 AM »

Wagon rear door glass removal & refit is made easier if you remove the door opening strap & fittings @ the internal base of the door. This provides more wriggle room for both glass & fingers when handling the main window glass.  The rear 1/4 glass rubber seal is available. Make the refit easier on yourself by applying rubber grease before pushing it back into place. Flick the outer edge of the seal with your finger nails as you push it home. this allows it to sit flat rather than cup back against the glass. If your have lost the top rivets which hold the divider in place, then small s/steel self tappers will do the job.  Hope this helps.   Cheers old-blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: