FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nikon Super GP @ The Gold Coast this weekend.  (Read 1538 times)
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »

Having been fortunate to attend a 4hr. conducted Tour of the Bowden Collection of HISTORIC RACING CARS recently, I thought this bit of "hot news" will add to the recent "Bathurst feel good experience".
    You may have heard that the A1GP Cars that were to race @ the weekend have pulled the plug! This left the V8 Supercars out on their own. The Queensland Minister of Sport, Phil Reeves, has headed a task force to create a replacement event. This has eventuated in what will be an amazing Celebration of Australian Motor Sporting History. Bowden's will be trucking down 12 of their most famous cars to be part of a special pit Display. These cars will then be driven around the track by Invited  Bathurst Drivers from the 60's & 70's Era.
     The following Cars are being sent from the Buderim Collection. [They were all recently tuned for their "Sound Tour", last weekend].
    *  Allan Moffat's '69 Mustang, & 71 GTHO Phase 3.  *   Dick Johnson's Tru Blu & his green's tuf XE Falcon.
    *  Beechey's '70 HT GTS Monaro.                         *  Geoghegan's '71 GTHO Super Falcon.
    *  Peter Brock's '78 A9X & VL Commodore.             *   Jim Richard's '85 JPS 635 BMW.       
    *  Kevin Bartlett's '79 Camaro.   [ The famous Channel 6/9 upside down trickster! ].
       Drivers include  Johnson, Bartlett, French, Seton & Bond!.etc   Some great memories here Cheers old-blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: