FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:33:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Trimmer would you use?
Stinky's
Street Trim

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which Trimmer would you choose?  (Read 8121 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:24:37 AM »

Just after opinions guys, I had almost settled on a name when a friend came up with something else and the artwork too.

Stinky's

or

Street Trim

my only concern is if the "Stinky" tag will put off some of the punters.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 10:13:57 AM »

100% Stinkys.

imagine that design on a shirt.. cool.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:02:18 PM »

Well it hasn't put us off Stinky,but it kept me guessing until I saw your surname, I say, go the skunk!
Cheers, Gary
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »

Stinky
Reputation far out weigh's the name. If you keep it simple and distinctive people will remember you by name and reputation when refering business your way.

Stinky's Custon Trim get my vote.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 09:07:37 PM »

Go with the STINKY at least when people talk about you they know who you are Grin Grin Grin

Iam good just ask me Smiley
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:14:57 PM »

Definitely Stinky's.Very unique.Street trim is far too commercial.Any news on the couch?Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 12:30:59 AM »

I have to call Steve about the couch, but it should be back at my place this weekend.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:29 AM »

Definately Stinky's - a catchy name means a lot in business and I think you will get far more mileage from it than business lost because of it. Reputation is the most important feature of a small business and once you build it, the name will help immeasurably.  But never ever ever lose your good reputation as it will then haunt you forever.   Sad
Hoppers Stoppers has had heaps of good business because of the unique name - with so many brake shops in the area it is the only place people remember the name of.

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

Bugger, I thought they made beer bottle caps Ken... Grin

FWIW, I'm with Ken on both Stinky.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

Smiley Sorry to go against the odds, but seriously, if I was looking for a trimmer to do a custom trim job, NO matter what the reputation is/was/or could be, I WOULD completely ignore the "Stinky's" tag as it comes across as a CHEAP backyard job (I know it is being done on your premises but this is just a term).  This tag may also entice people who don't have a lot money and just want a "quick trim job". The more professional tag would qualify as a very professional company and if I am laying out big bickies for my car I would only trust a well represented company.   And I have just asked one of the guys who walked in my office which tag he would choose and he said he would not touch the "Stinky's" tag at all as it comes across as cheap and non professional and he would not want a "stinky" touching his car, let alone the tag looked cheap and nasty.  Just our opinion, all the best for the business Glenn, Cheers Hotlips

PS: you could call it "ST's STREET TRIM"

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Crackers

Vic-Cub Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »

I agree totally with what you said Hotlips.  Although I am only new on this board and my opinion won't count for much, but as a newbie I do not know stinky or his reputation, so from that perspective I would not go to a trimmer called stinky's as it does sound backyard.
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »

Ken, when I first heard of "Hoppers Stoppers" I thought they made bull bars, as in for deflecting one of our National emblems from one's bonnet and guards.   Grin

Stinky, after seeing both options, and arguments for each,  I think that if seeking business from the general public, and promoting your business as a professional one with a quality product, you would be best served by a professional sounding/appearing business name and logo.  Good luck with your venture, whichever way you choose to go.     Mike.
GREGD

FE & FC HOLDENS ROAR

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 07:51:20 PM »

Glenn in my humble opinion a catchy slogan is better than a catchy name stick with STREET TRIM professional people win their work a backyarder takes whatever comes along

good luck
Greg
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »

Regardless of what you both thought the company made - the important thing is that someone in NSW and someone in QLD has heard the name and remembered it. Grin Grin

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »

Well Stinky, you did ask............. Huh

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

stinkys upholstery, arent they the guys who cut costs by using cow sh1t as filling in there tuck & roll making the seats smell funny.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:30 PM »

I'm not that rapt on the skunk artwork, although I like it as a theme. "Stinky's Custom Trim Shop" has that So-Cal Rodder sound to it, like "Tiny's Chop Shop". "Street Trim" OTOH is a pretty bland name. It's not particularly memorable. If Stinky's your nickname and you're comfortable with it, you might as well go with it, I say.

I'm surprised Spinner hasn't jumped in with a suggestion like "The Vinyl Countdown"... he can usually be relied on for atrocious puns.  Wink

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 08:34:05 AM »

If it wasn't for the prudes at OCBA in SA I would have settled on a name ages ago, but they wouldn't let me register Bitchin' Stitchin' as someone may take offense. The fact that there are names registered with "bitch" in the title and even "shit" (amongst others) interstate doesn't matter.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: