FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: RET's new Club Car  (Read 3010 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2003, 04:31:56 AM »

By now many of you will know that I've now got another FE.  Like that common saying, "Blue FEs... why stop at one?" the stable has grown now to include a single-tone blue FE Special as a mate to my old Blue and White modified.

Here's a pic of the new car on its first Club Event:

You'll also find a collection of photos of the car here.

A bit of history.  This is an early 1956 FE, done in single-tone Elk Blue.  It was bought at auction in 1985 from a deceased estate in Tasmania (where the car had been purchased new) by a young and keen Rod Sharman, now a Melbourne resident and member of the Vic Club.  An expected 6 month quick hit resto turned into 8 years of work, resulting in the car you see today.  When Rod bought it the car had 48,000 miles on it, and the interior was in good order despite having been used to cart hay Roll Eyes  He discovered the original deposit and purchase receipts in the glove-box when he got it home.  It now has 54,000 miles on it, 700 of those added in the last fortnight.  Dad and I flew down to Melbourne, bought it and drove it back, and estimate that was the longest trip it's probably ever done!  600 miles would be about 3 laps of Tasmania Wink, and Rod told us the furthest he ever drove it was from Melbourne to Bright and back.  But she never skipped a beat, and required very little work to pass rego inspection in NSW.  She's on Historic Rego here, which means I can't drive it whenever I want to - which at the moment is every time I walk out to the garage! - but the Nationals will be here in a couple of weeks, so I'll get a lot of time behind the wheel then.

Thanks to everyone who assisted me to locate the right car, gave me their opinions of it to make the decision to travel all that way "just on spec" that much easier.

Thanks also to those who were "in the know" and kept quiet so I could spring the secret on everyone at the Club Run on Sunday.  The looks on the faces were absolutely priceless.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 06:14:44 AM »

Hey RET.
Congratulations on the new edition to your Holden family.
Can't wait to see the car in person.
Regards
Alex

2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 11:21:07 AM »

Thats one nice looking FE you got there RET,
Glad to see it's in the hands of an enthusiest Smiley

regards 2brite
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 12:21:59 PM »

RET
Beautiful car, like the others can't wait to crawl underneath it at the nat's.
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: