FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:42:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: prices  (Read 3559 times)
@aol.comKevin Carter
« on: March 30, 2003, 03:19:57 AM »

I am currently looking purchase a FC for weekend fun and hopefully get into a club.

Can anyone give me some idea what would be a reasonable price to pay and what I should look for?

hoping to be am FC owner.

Cheers

Kevin
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2003, 07:28:59 AM »

Kevin, the answer is not always so simple as you may expect.
How much work do you want to do on the car yourself or pay others to do?
If you want to buy a restored top quality car with nothing to do - 10 to 15K would be reasonable
Good quality car with little work to do to maintain - 6 to 10K
Registered car but needs work on body etc - 3 to 6K
Unregistered car which needs resoration - 1 to 3K
Prices may vary depending on rareness of body style or extras that come with the car.

Always look for the best body shell you can find, it often pays in the long run to pay 2K more for a better body shell especially if you are paying others to repair rust.
Grey motor costs about 1.6K to rebuild but good secondhand motors are available pretty cheaply.

Hope this helps - feel free to ask anymore questions that you like and welcome to the site

Ken
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 10:05:49 AM »

Ken is rite on the money ! Unless your in the rite place at the rite time, and find a bargain.    So save your pennies and be prepared to look around, Also be prepared to battle on the price. A car for sale is only worth what someone will pay for it, despite what the seller thinks its worth Shocked . In regards on what to look for in an fe/fc, as little rust in the body as possible , rustfree sills, subframe, floors, quarter panels.   Bolt on panels are important, but not as important as those listed above

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Peter Longhurst
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 03:15:26 AM »

I have just purchased a 1959 FC Special Sedan in original condition. Had to fix flat spare tyre a hole in tail pipe and new radiator cap no rust. Purchase price $7K
Hope this helps.

Peter
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 09:41:20 AM »

Congratulations on your new set of wheels.
How bout a few more details like
colour
mileage
any history
Not beig nosey or anything  Roll Eyes

ps Happy motoring

Regards 2brite
Peter Longhurst
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2003, 10:54:35 PM »

Photos attached I think.
The FC was 16,959th Special Sedan assembled in Sydney in January 1959 and the 28,684th of any FC body style assembled in Sydney. Motor manufactured in December 1958.
Purchased in Cooma NSW new with one owner up to about two years ago. Second owner travelled to Bright in the first year and covered 30 miles in the second.
I purchased the car in January this year with 83,000 miles on the clock and the car still remains in Cooma hence no rust.
Interior still in original condition with back seat as new first owner removed seat as he did not like to transport others. A few original stone chips on the front. The original venetian blind has been located and the sun visor re fitted to front.
I have just had the third set of tyres fitted. Took some time to find
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2003, 11:55:04 PM »

Peter,

You'll need to either upload those pictures onto some webspace you already have on the internet, or (preferably) register on this site and then you can attach images to your posts and have them stored on our server.

Registration is free and has some other benefits as well.  Once you've done that, start a new thread in the Members Cars section and put the photos and history of the car there.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Longhurst

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 12:05:33 AM »

2brite,
The photos and some history is on Real Cars - Members' Photo Album under Peter's Car.
This has taken some time as I am not 2brite.
Thanks for the interest Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: