FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:55:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: price 4 this car C pic  (Read 4942 times)
adam
« on: July 09, 2003, 08:52:47 AM »

can anyone help me, i found this fc 4 sale its got a 186 red hr front end the body seems good only one small dent. the engine is running just needs 2 replace some hose's.  its not on the road no rego and needs little work to get. um what else.. inside needs some work with the seats but over all no prob inside or out with rust just surface rust it has been kept well but some rats have chewed the hoses.
i dont think i am able to work out how 2 get pic on so if any one can help thanks
adam
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 09:12:29 AM »

this is the car i am talkin about thanks if it works this time maybe 3 times lucky
adam
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 09:18:10 AM »

i worked it out this is the fc i was talkin about
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 10:48:50 PM »

I buy and sell quite a few FE/FC s , Buy the picture , without Knowing if it has NASCO accessories inside, This car is worth between $800 to $1500 MAX. Others may argue , But that would be my range on this car . Sight unseen is very difficult to estimate a price . Just check the Subframe , sills , Floorpans , And other main structural sections for hidden rust . Before you pay an lot for it . Does it have an engineers report for the red motor also , as in NSW it is required to have one , unless it is 149. Hope Iv have been some help (probably Not )  Cheers SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
craiga
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 11:54:55 PM »

Slim is absolutely correct when he says you should confirm the structural condition of the car BEFORE you buy. You'll quickly rack up the repair dollars on a cheap car with body problems.

You've already said this car needs

Dent Repair
Paint Repairs
Some mechanical repairs
Interior repairs
it also sounds like its been sitting for a while so it WILL need brake and other work.

It's easy to see how a $1500.00. car will quickly eat up $5000.00 or more which may mean you would have been better off buying a car for $6500.00 with everything (or most everything) you wanted.  Huh Bloody hell, I'm starting to sound like my old man!!!!

Buy the best car you can with your maximum available budget. Get in touch with your state club, there's good cars for sale from time to time.

Good luck,

Craig
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 06:17:56 AM »

Have to agree with Craig and Slim.
Just bought an FC in similar condition.

adam
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2003, 05:18:13 PM »

Smiley thanks guys will do
no it did not have cert.
so far it did not show any sturt probs no rust in frame at all but will inspect further.
thanks 1 again ..........................fm..adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: