FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:29:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 292148 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 12, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »

Dropped in to say howdy doody to Dave and Ben Crispin today and had a dejavu moment as we turned the corner. Shocked  Needless to say I went home picked up the FE and popped back for some happy snaps. It's another one family car - original owner's grand son has it now and it's in for a very quick mini makeover ready for his daughter's wedding next month.  After that it'll be stripped right down and fully restored and, knowing Dave's work, I definitely won't wanna park mine next to it after he's done with it!  Undecided Cheesy

NosFEratu
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »

Nice one Kathi, amazing the difference some better wheels, a polish and a dead critter hanging off the aerial can make Grin Grin.
                 Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2009, 01:53:10 PM »

Great pics Kathi!! They look really good next to each other...
All that's missing is the bride... Wink

Cheers, Les...

jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »

Nice one Kathi, amazing the difference a dead critter hanging off the aerial can make Grin Grin.
                 Pedro

definitely custard on your snails, Pedro   Roll Eyes

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2009, 06:46:24 PM »

Kathi,

The photo's make you car look absolutely outstanding, I can't wait to see NosFEratu in the flesh one day

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »

Thanks guys but, trust me, I had to take the pictures now before Dave is finished with it! Grin  It's quite  down at the moment and looks better in the photo than it actually is - overcast days are a black car's best friend  Wink

Steve (my friend who did FE) now works for Crispin so it will have super straight panels and when they're covered in a dripping wet black Crispin paint job it'll be a real stunner.  Shocked Yep, I gotta admit, I'm a little bit jealous - but - I know mine still looks quite respectable for a 20 year old resto.  Smiley

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

Woohoo pipes back from being ceramic coated!  Grin

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »

More twists and turns than the Great Ocean Road!

More 'art' than 'craft' (and no shortage of craft, either)

Great effort, John. Looking forward to seeing them for real; they'll surely brighten up me day  Wink Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »

Oh Woohoo

What a work of art, geez John, I'd hate to see what you can do when you aren't pressed for time Shocked Shocked Shocked

They look absolutely stunning. Smiley

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2009, 08:20:34 PM »

Nice bit of craftsmanship there John, extra pudding for you tonight Grin Grin
                                             Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2009, 09:28:42 PM »

Yeah, slack with the updates!  Cheesy  So here's a bit of a condensed one from the last few weeks! 

11 days ago
Action shot!  More fireworks to follow if it doesn't make it to Bright!  Grin

6 days ago
Cabin floor and firewall seam sealed & painted & top of dash painted - since then, Dynamat has been installed on cabin floor, upright behind seat and on the firewall to just under where the wiper motor bolts in. Cargo area floor and wooden board painted

Firewall and Y-frames finished and back together

Front end with rack mocked up

Brake lines started and front end bolted in

Set to minimum ride height - 38mm bump stop clearance

Zero degrees camber & 3 degrees positive caster with only 2 shims

Today
Brake lines completed as well as hard fuel line run

Dash re-painted and carpeting - firewall and behind seat upright now have "soft" carpet glued over it all.  Underlay laid and carpet 80% fitted - to be finished off later this week after it's settled 

No pics but gauges have been pulled apart and "refreshed" with new paint and/or stickers applied.  Glove box and gauge panel also re-painted. Final bits of chrome picked up, pipes ceramic coated (see above) and engine was given a birthday at Chris Milton Engine Development. John rebuilt the engine today and it's being painted as I type.  And..... while I was twiddling my thumbs two weeks ago, the Batmobile has had a complete interior scrub and the paint was clayed, fine cut and waxed - not to mention transforming 7.5kg of dried fruit into Xmas puddings!

Will it make it to Bright? Not sure, but we do know that if we do, the interior contingency plan will be utilised (ripping the seat and door trims out of NosFEratu!) But in absolute worst case scenario, at least the Batmobile looks good at the moment!  Grin 

Must go now, the "garage" is calling!  Cheesy

Tired (but happy) Kathi

NosFEratu
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »

great looking build Kathi and John.

Nice pipes!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2009, 08:53:39 AM »

Kathi is it registered  Huh and engineered  Huh Looking real good but don't beat your self up [or John ] if you miss Bright this year, 10 days is not a lot of time to get it ready when you are doing  a detailed job like this  .......".Miss Bright" Grin Grin  that could be you  Huh Huh.......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

hey FC427, I made a very similar comment to Kathi and John last week...

Whilst I did get a satisfactory answer, I suspect the effect was just like 'waving the red flag in front of the bull'!   Grin Grin Grin

(and I reckon there's still a fair chance I'll have to change my name to 'thomas_fc' when I get home from Bright...)   Wink Wink

cheers, jack

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »

It has registration and meets SA's guidelines for the changes/vehicle mods to earlies.  The steering's been improved from what was there so we might need an engineer's OK on that but that shouldn't be a problem given it's only got about 2mm bumpsteer through out the entire range.

And making it to Bright - admittedly, it's a big ask but we're happy with progress to date.  If we don't make it we'll go and enjoy ourselves anyway! Grin  

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

Whilst I did get a satisfactory answer, I suspect the effect was just like 'waving the red flag in front of the bull'!   Grin Grin Grin

Don't you worry, we'll do the best we can to get there Jack!  But if we do make it - there will definitely be a spare on board! Grin (sorry Leon!)  Grin

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

Toro's Toro's   Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry Kathi  Jack planted the seed that made me doit .....Looks like I won't be going to Orange now Roll Eyes Roll Eyes .....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »

Good to have a little motivation to keep us going though (like seeing Jack eat humble pie!).   Wink  Kiss

But, I gotta tell ya, the most stressful thing to date was me breaking two nails! Cry Cry Grin   

NosFEratu
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2009, 11:22:35 AM »

Good to have a little motivation to keep us going though (like seeing Jack eat humble pie!).   Wink  Kiss

hey hold up a sec there, Kathi - I will only have to eat half the bloody pie; isn't me mate FC427
going to share with me??

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2009, 11:26:34 AM »

Hey, I might end up eating it all myself yet!   Grin Grin Grin

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)