FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: headlight globes  (Read 2254 times)
Phantom

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2005, 07:28:22 AM »

G'day all ,
               MY headlight went out this morning , and  upon returning home went to replace the bulb, hmmmm sealed beam, luckily i had a spare that a mate gave me years ago, but how do i go about buying sealed beam headlights are they around new, or can i get ones that have the bulb replacement ? and if i can , can you put halogen globes in them?
                             Cheers Bogan

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 07:44:12 AM »

Bogan,

The sealed beam units in your car are very common 7" type - fitted to bucketloads of cars and should still be freely available at your local spare parts outlet.

You can also buy kits that will allow you to fit H4 type housings which use a replaceable bulb. My kit came from Rares for about $100.00, but I have heard of cheaper kits.

If you do fit the H4's make sure you fit a headlight relay. H4's and generators just don't mix!! Even if you have an alternator fitted you will get much brighter lighting with the use of a relay.

Cheers,

Craig.
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:50:29 AM »

Thank you very much for your quick and very informative information CraigA
                                      Cheers Bogan

Bogans rule
craiga
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 08:08:15 AM »

No trouble Bogan.

The 7" sealed beam is $15.95 at American Auto's in Sydney, H4 conversion (Narva brand) is $126.50.

https://www.americanautos.com.au/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=aap.control&session=137577143693826&formname=search&newform=product&option=7019

https://www.americanautos.com.au/cgi-bin/fccgi.exe?w3exec=aap.control&session=137577143693826&formname=search&newform=product&option=72038

More here:

http://www.4wdmegastores.com.au/products_ak2/driving_lights/narva/head_lamp_conversion_kits

And Rares Bayswater have conversions

See what you get when you say thanks  Grin

Cheers,

Craig.
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 10:42:16 AM »

Hmmm if you're in Melbourne Bogan I'd say give Auto Spares Galore a call. They're at 924 Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully on 97583644. They've got shitloads of headlamps especially the original Lucas headlamps (least they did last time I was there) if you're into preserving orginality. Plenty of other stuff there too at good prices.

Cheers .... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: