FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:59:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New to forum.  (Read 3524 times)
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2006, 11:26:34 PM »

Hi all, I stumbled across the forum a little while ago and thought I may as well join up. I have had a Fe special sedan for about 12-13 years now. Used it for a daily driver for the first 3-4 years and it has been in storage since. ( Married, house, kids etc) and decided that it was finally time to resurrect the old girl.  The original plan was to always do a v8 conversion so I have gradually sourced the following parts. Vr injected 5 litre/ 4 speed auto (115,000kms), and lsd 9 inch diff (rebuilt). The plan is to keep it as a sleeper so that it can be used as an every day car if need be. eg, bench seat, column auto, stock steering wheel, original type paint scheme  and wide stockies with hubcaps.  For those who like numbers  the id tag reads as such.  FE-225-1639, Trim no. 214-467, Paint no. 256-17449, Rpo 253-17447.( If anyone could decipher this I'd be stoked as the  page elsewhere on the site wouldnt accept all of the numbers.) I intend to make a start within the next couple of months after I finish the mini tubs on a mates Eh windowless van. Hope to be able to post some pics soon, for those who are interested. The main hold ups will be.. 1, don't have a digital camera, 2, don't know how (ha). Keep up the wicked projects, Rob.
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 11:44:50 PM »

Rob....welcome aboard, sounds like you have yourself a nice car there...and seems like a wild bit of running gear planned to go in aswell.

We all love pics, so as soon as you can get a mates camera and take some pics....just ask on someone here to help post them for your, and we can all enjoy your pics.

Keep in touch.

Mark

FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 11:53:29 PM »

Rob
      Welcome to the forum, For advice & help on FE/FC'S this is the place to come. There is a couple of guys currently doing the same conversion of a injected 5ltr & I thing there is also a few that have completed theirs as well. So you will be able to get tip on all aspects of the conversion from start to finish. In my opinion there is no better sound than that of a roaring V8. Good luck with your project & once again welcome to the forum.

Cheers
Glenn  

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
20.4_seconds

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 11:57:11 PM »

Hey Rob,
Welcome to the board, the decoder says they paint and trim don't correspond but that could be just a glich....
Car is described as Two-Tone: Breton Blue over Cabot Grey.
Interior as : Summit Blue & Cosmos Grey sounds like a nice project in the works  Wink
If ya want any pics loaded just email them to me......my details can be found in the little icons to the left  Wink
looking forward to seeing the pics at some stage.
Nick

All I  want for Christmas is a Smiths clock bracket and knurled knobs
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:24:27 AM »

Welcome aboard Rob, sounds like a nice little project.
Make sure you get a digital camera  Grin, we all love seeing pics of peoples projects.

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 11:27:21 AM by stinky » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 04:57:41 AM »

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

You have got a very interesting car there, the 1639th FE built, which means probably late July or early August 1956.  Do you still have the original engine number?

There is a good reason why the paint numbers don't compute with the ID decoding page - they're FJ format!  The leading digit (always "1") was dropped from the BALM codes put on the FE ID plates, so plug 7447 and 7449 in and you'll get the answer, or check here and you'll see they are indeed the paint colours for Breton Blue and Cabot Grey, which sounds like a very nice paint combo, BTW.

In early 1957 GM-H did a serious reworking of the body strengthening of the FE, adding a variety of gussets and ribs around the rear window and dog-leg to correct problems with unacceptable body-flex in real early vehicles, that led to back windows falling out, doors not lining up properly etc.  With that serious mumbo you're planning for the car, obviously you're going to have to put a chassis in it, but you should probably have a look at the work that was done by Holden to strengthen other bits of the car.  I've got a copy of it if you're interested.  Always happy to help another '56 owner (mine is #5678, early September Smiley)

What part of the world are you in?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sarge
Guru

My 57 & Old No 7 all a Man Need's

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:18:57 AM »

Rob welcome to our humble little site. Hope to hear more from you and see a couple of pic's.

Cheers
Sarge

Mark Lees Tallerbudgera Queensland
        0421 165 351
Holden Classics; a BREED above the rest
Rob_FE_56

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 07:23:49 AM »

Thanks guys, I was pretty sure that my Fe was a fairly early one due to the low body  no.  Unfortunately I dont know what the original engine number was as when I got the car it was powered by a grey out of an Ej. The number on the subframe suggests it was assembled in Melbourne (6-1167M). The car wasn't in the original colours either, as the previous owner had it painted pastel (sky)  blue with a white roof and wheels (13x6s). All that remained of the original trim were the seats but they were quite ratty and fairly unusable as they are, so the car will get a total re-trim. (in something appropriate to the era) I hail from Shepparton Vic which makes life a bit easier as far as the conversion and rego are concerned. Ret any info you have would be greatly appreciated, is it o.k to just add my e-mail address to the thread, sorry but I'm fairly new to this computer thing. Thanks in advance, Rob.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

Sounds like an interesting car.
Welcome to the forum Rob.
Looking forward to following your progress and checking out some pics.
Regards
Alex

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 11:17:13 AM »

Hi Rob.
Welcome.
Nice to hear of another car with "Special" compliance plate details. I just love them. Can't wait until you get some shots & post them. You have come to the right place for help & information, I can assure you of that.

By the way, you have a very cool name aswell. Wink

Regards,
Rob J Grin

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: