FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:56:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Moving on  (Read 13426 times)
fbman63

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 03:43:38 AM »

Gidday all,Just giving you all a look at my starting point for the next phase of my life. Kids nearly out on their own.
Just a little background on where it all started. In 1987 purchased the FC Special for $200 in Toowoomba QLD. Original colour two tone green (Someone pleease advise me of the correct name of the colours). Drove it back home (300 meters down the road) and started to strip in down. Being in the RAAF at the time there was only a small garden shed and a carport available in the married quarter provided. All parts removed and body sandblasted and returned to home. Then the tedious but fulfilling task of putting it all back together with the new colour being a Toyota White (Eeeeek). This time around all was standard except for the imitation dragways fitted plus a floor shift. After being posted to Sydney in 1991 I then embarked on fitting a red motor, Aussie 4 speed, HR diff., plus all the required compliance accessories i.e. HR front etc. Also redid the engine bay to hide wiring and fit brake booster, EH column and KB laser bucket seats. In 1999 returned to Toowoomba and the car has basically sat in the shed since. Now looking to upgrade again to a V8 from a VN Commodore plus all the required drivetrain. So now the journey begins.
Can someone explain to me the gauge setup I have and also where I can get all the writing redone i.e. OIL, TEMP, GEN. Here are as few photos of how it is now. The engine bay leaves an little to be desired so don't be too tough.
Cheers Craig

fbman63

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 03:49:25 AM »

Hi Craig,
 I'm a signwriter in Ipswich area, doing up a FB Van, if i can help let me know, I have done infill work for a bloke over at Greenbank area on his FC badges.

Regards
fbman 63
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »

Thanks fbman

Still a littel way off yet but can you PM your contact details.

Thanks

Craig
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: