FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Horn Cap  (Read 32754 times)
fcee
vic-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2007, 06:43:59 PM »

Got my horn cap from Rares in Vic ,great quality ,looks real good and very happy with the price , now would like to hear about the scratch plates . cheers Steve . Wink

Sale Victioria
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2007, 08:32:59 PM »

Picked up my horn cap today,looks nice.Does everyone else have some small lines or impressions coming down from the bottom of the letters to the top of the shield?Not overly noticeable just wondering if this is the same casting mark on all of them.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
hawk
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2007, 08:52:27 PM »

Jamie ,i have bought two of them and they both have that small imperfection.
Cheers, Greg.
craiga
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »

Mine has this imperfection as well, but it certainly looks 100% better than the faded and aged original one.

I wonder if the vacuum metalising used required heat and the plastic fractured because of this? My only concern is that over time the cracks will spread.
old-blu
nsw-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2007, 11:12:31 AM »

I would like to purchase 2 . [I understand the Clubs will probably negotiate a bulk order],as with the Boot Badges. Would like confirmation on this please Ken or Ret?  Cheers; old-blu.

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »

It is interesting to note that on inspection of one of my original caps,it also has some very similar marks in the same location as the new one.Don't get me wrong Craig,this is an absolute cracker compared to any of the others I have,just wanted to confirm that they are all the same.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
craiga
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2007, 12:41:46 PM »

Just had a look at a NOS one and no marks. IMHO they aren't a big deal anyway, but seem to be on all the repro ones.

Cheers,

Craig.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »

Kev, this is true, we (namely the Vic & NSW clubs) are in the process of purchasing 50 horn caps (25 each) and the price will be about $20 cheaper than Rare Spare club price.
These will be in hot demand- for Victorian club members - see how to purchase in the Vic club section of the forum and it will also be in the next newsletter.

Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2007, 01:22:35 AM »

Hi All
I have been home a week and could not wait any longer, I visited Rares today and purchased a horn button they look great and with club discount it came at a good price.

I also checked out the seat surround whilst there "amazing" I need a set or two, maybe Sonja will get them for me for christmas.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: