FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Flexible brake hose length? (For original drum front end)  (Read 2179 times)
DCE80
sa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:13:45 PM »

Hi Guys.
Been getting into tidying up the brakes on my original drum setup. When I removed right front wheel found the brake hose coiled in a cork screw fashion and nestled in the suspension. Left side was similar but not fouling anything. Thankfully this didn't end badly this time. I straighted out the hoses when i changed wheel cylinders. Now that i have done this what is evident is the brake hoses appear too long at approx 450mm. On full steering lock the hoses are able to touch tyres. I've looked online and through the forum to find any info but nothing on length. Did find a thread with a similar story but no info of use to me. I would like to know approx length of a new hose so that I can be happy I'm on the right path of changing for shorter items.
Cheers
Dan
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »

After further head scratching today I contacted a brake shop and their standard hose was 455mm. This was not what I was expecting and now I'll measure what I think to be the right length and they can make some up. I don't believe my brake pipes are anything but standard but can't work out why hoses are so long.     
DCE80
sa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:56:47 PM »

Well after some further digging I have discovered my rear brake hose length is 400mm and is more original looking than front pair. As all three hoses on the braking system are the same part number in the holden parts book I'm assuming 455 is incorrect. Have bitten the bullet and ordered a pair of 400's. I'll see how they go and report back.
Dan
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »

Just measured a new one and it is just on 400 mm from end to end.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: