FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:00:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bakelite carby/inlet man. spacer  (Read 2815 times)
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2006, 04:23:07 AM »

Hi All,

I was removing the carburettor from the inlet manifold, and the bakelite spacer fell into two pieces.

I rang one of the engine workshops, and they said if you can't get a replacement, just use some heat resistant silicon sealer to glue it together.  Would this work okay? Any risks?

I naturally want to get a new one, but they are out of production & Rares can't get them (anone got a spare one?).  There is one on e-bay I'll try and get but I miss out I'd like to get the car running asap, hence my question.

Cheers,

Phil  
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:28:46 AM »

Philby,
          I think I may have a few spares in the shed, I will have a look.

Michael
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:03:19 AM »

I have good s/h ones as well as NOS ones if anyone needs one of these.  $5 for s/h, $15 for NOS.

Regards Ken
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:19:52 PM »

Thanks fellas,

Thank you for the offers.  PMs sent.

Cheers,

Phil

Cheesy
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:59:49 AM »

Hey Philby
              You can use  Locktight  NO:- 3  
non hardening aviation gasket goo.  (Repco or supacheep should stock It) It will handle the heat on that point of the motor and I guarantee It wont leak or suck air.
              I use It on everything and it has never let me down, You'r car will be running in no time. Wink.Another option would be" Stag Paste " but I haven't seen it on shelves for ages Shocked.
             The other way to go would be a tube of "Grey" it's a heat proof silicon designed for manifolds.(Repco) or similar.
          Brad.

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
Gas_Axe

To Be or Not To Be........Wot was the question?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 04:31:10 PM »

Greetings All.

I have just had the carbie rebuilt on the FC grey, and I also busted the carbie spacer. The carbie rebuild bloke said that the spacers are no longer available, so I decided to find a replacement and came across this stuff.

12mm high density compressed fibro.

Its the right height ( well, 0.5 mm out but who's counting? ), very heat tolerant, and so far, hasn't leaked air or fuel. Scrap bits are available real cheap. It's easy to cut and shape, but do use a mask or respirator cause the dust gets everywhere. I may try and seal the edges on my one with something later on, but I'm happy with it's performance at the moment.

Hope this helps.
Cheers and Beers   Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: