FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:17:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1,000,000 holden  (Read 4875 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2005, 12:18:56 AM »

not exactly an FE or FC but a holden milestone nonetheless, found this little gem while browsing through my works collection

the 1,000,000 holden rolls off the Dandenong production line on october 25th 1962, at this stage holden was pumping out 606 cars a day and by the ned of 1962,  36,000 cars would have been exportred to 46 overseas territories including N.Z, Sth Africa,Hawaii, Hong Kong,Japan,Lebanon and Greece.

not too bad for a little aussie gem Wink

dean

(photo national archives australia collection)

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 04:31:39 AM »

Nice Pic Dean,
If my memory serves me correctly, this 1000 000th Holden is a Bronze EJ, and is/was in the Birdwood Museum in South Australia along with a couple of other milestone Holdens.
Is the FX pictured here also now housed at Birdwood?  I think I read somewhere it is.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 05:51:21 AM »

Last time I saw the EJ it was at Birdwood. That's when we where over there for the FE-FC Nats in '99 (?). The car is Euroa Gold with an Atherton ivory roof. It has original mileage of only about 400 miles. Wouldn't it be good to find a low mileage car like that!!

Cheers,

Graham.
nigelb42

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 10:30:59 AM »

Howdy,

I saw this car not three weeks ago in the Holden Museum at Echuca. There is also an FC Special and an FE special, both in good unrestored (or restored some time ago) condition, an absolutely gorgeous FB wagon - NASCOed to the hilt and basically one of every other model as well as some concept cars.  There was an HR paddywagon too - very dodgy aftermarket cage on the back.  Well worth a visit and cheap as chips to get in too.

Nige
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 08:45:07 PM »

Hey Nige,
The "Nascoed" FB Wagon is "Nascohunter" on this forum. He has quite a good collection of cars. The HR paddywagon is one of his brother's cars.

Cheers,

Graham.
nigelb42

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »

hehehehehe  Embarrassed

When I say 'Dodgy' I meant as fitted by Holden or their supplier not by the big man "nascohunter' or his brother.  

Nige
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: