FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 19, 2024, 12:43:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: new project  (Read 11284 times)
mg1958

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

Hi All

Im new to the forum and I thought id put some pics of my new project up before I start in earnest. I purchased the car off evilbay, from the central coast of NSW about twelve months ago and its been sitting in the shed while the new house was being built (never again).

The id tag reads

FC 225-4065 S
Trim       258 - 635
Paint      256 - 2158
Top        253 - 6258

Im not sure about the chassis number and it may not be original, I think it is 8 - 9509s , the engine number is very strange N903646P and I think it may be a police number but Im not to sure.

I am undecided which way to go with the car, it will be either stock or small block chev as I have a 283 but probably not the budget to go down that track.

I would like to know if anyone has some pics of a Black over Cape Ivory car or a Mesa Black and Tan interior to help with my decision, all help and input would be greatly appreciated.

cheers Mark
coolaride
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »

welcome aboard Mark  Smiley

nice looking car there ! just remember you could always build a hot grey for it !

coolaride  Smiley
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »

Your car looks like a good starting point Mark welcome aboard.....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FCGos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »

Mark

You are correct the engine number is a NSW Police number and was issued in 1990 either because the vehicle it was originally fitted to was stolen and recovered without the engine, another vehicle was registered prior with the same number and was still currently registered at the time of original reistration of your vehicle, the original number was defaced or it was a brand new block.  Generally if the old number was still visible it had to be defaced with a series of ////////////'s or xxxxxxxxxx's and the new number was stamped in a position visible and close to the original engine number placement.

Cheers Wayne
mg1958

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

Wayne

Thanks for your info, I suspected as much but the block has no evidence of another number so I wasnt 100%. I dont know the history of the car but I think the subframe has also been changed.

cheers Mark
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »

My FC is Seminole Brown over Adobe Beige with Mesa Tan & Black Trim.  My car is tucked away on the farm, and I don't currently have any photos of the trim.
I believe another NSW club member has a car matching yours.
Cheers Geoff_K
mg1958

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:37:43 PM »

Geoff

The variation of colour combinations seems endless, I don't think Ive every seen a car with your colour scheme, it sounds pretty good. I  hope to make it to the all holden day next month to check out some cars and join the NSW club.

cheers Mark
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

Hi Mark look forward to meeting up at All Holden Day .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »

Hi Mark,welcome to the forum.I know it may seem a little off topic but this is what Seminole Brown and Adobe beige look like.This car also has Mesa Tan and Black interior.The reason I took these photos is because one of my other FC's should be these colours (unfortunately was stripped and in primer when I bought it).This is not your car is it Geoff?I met the owner who was staying in the caravan park where we also stayed at Mt Gambier but can't remember his name.Cheers,Jamie.

Very nice car... Cool

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

Hey Jamie
That FC belongs to Alan & Ruth Riley from the Vic club.
Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 10:24:49 PM »

Welcome aboard Mark.Your car looks like a great starting point. Se  you at the All Holden Day.
Cheers,
Graham
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »

Thanks Alex...

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »

Hi Mark
I have sent you a PM regarding the colour you are after

Cheers ChrisB  Cool

mg1958

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:55 PM »

Hi all

Thanks for all the replies and kind words, and many thanks to Chris B for the photos of his great looking car. I only hope mine will look half that good when its finished.

cheers Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: