FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fuel filler in boot  (Read 4242 times)
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2002, 06:53:32 AM »

hi,

has anyone moved their fuel filler inside the boot? i want to completely clean up the back end of my car, and was wondering if anyone knew of the rego requirements of this. i am guessing there would have to be some kind of ventilation system, and probably a way to seal off the filler from the rest of the boot.

i also have my battery in the boot (no room under my bonnet! stupid pollution gear), and i guess seeing the fc go up if flames would kinda suck, but i do really want to move that filler if i can do it safely.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

simon

simon
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 10:02:55 AM »

Why not shift it behind a hinged number plate ala ford falcon? Although that may be too low to fill from.

Is your battery in a battery box that is ventilated to the outside of the car?

If you are really keen on getting the fuel filler inside you would need a fully sealed cap with a breather to the outside. I don't about legalities, but from a practical point this would be a minimum.

By the way, something was bugging me about the modified version of your car, so I fixed it.

lowered a few inches and stretched the front apron(?) and bumper downwards.

gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 01:35:06 AM »

cool! airbags are definately on the agenda when (if  Lips sealed) i hit the big time!

don't forget the lakepipes! (which are half made, sitting in my garage waiting....)

here's another version - very old, not quite as stylish i think...

simon
Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

Model: FC

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 06:26:49 AM »

Hi Gree,
           with the filler in the boot im sure that you need to completly seperate the boot from the cabin hence having a flat steel plate welded fully behind the back seat so that no fumes can get in the cabin im from NSW and I remember an engneer telling me that

Hope this helps
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 08:39:05 AM »

thanks!  Smiley

simon
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 09:59:22 AM »

Cheesy HEY GREE
     I SAW A FC A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO WITH THE FUEL FILLER BEHIND A HINGED TAIL LIGHT. HOPE THIS HELPS.
    REGARDS ACE Cool
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 06:51:51 PM »

A couple of years ago, I went up north to have a look at a "Slightly Modified" FC (thats what the ad said).
Cruddy car it turned out, but the amazing fuel filler left me speechless, especially when the fella tried to tell me it was legal. Huh
He had cut it off 3 inches from the base & had taken great pains to fit a Brand new cap off an AEROSOL CAN!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
But he warned me, "It HAS to be a tight fit!!"
Weird!

But if you are looking for a better solution, ACE has the right idea. The 1957 Chevs had their filler behind a section in the tail light housing. Looks cool.
4hammers

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: