FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:32:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bucket seats fe  (Read 3960 times)
Liam Moloney
« on: April 19, 2002, 07:04:10 AM »

Hi i have put an aussie 4 sped in my FE. I am having trouble with the selectors and the bench seat. If i was to put bucket seats in, witch seats ( EH, HR, Torana) would be the same height, and mounting or do i have to make up my own.
thanx
Liam
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2002, 07:16:37 AM »

Liam,  unfortunately there is no bucket seat that I know of that will bolt up to an FC.
Basically you have to start with a couple of sets of FC seat supports and adapt these to your new buckets.

The best seats are from the smaller size cars which are not as wide as the Commodore/Falcon buckets.

You could try Camira or Astra if you want to keep it all GMH, but these seats have high backs.
Maybe lowback is what you are after, in which case the HR prem seats are OK.  I know a guy who has just installed FIAT 128 seats which are low back and VERY comfortable.

Really the choice is almost limitless, you set the height and position by where you mount the seat.

Ken
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2002, 11:41:13 PM »

Liam,

As Ken says, the choice is wide open.  For what it's worth, I have LJ Torana seats in my FE, which fit neatly with room for a HK console between them.  They are low-back, too, so they look the part.  They also have those triangular head-rests that HQs had, which can be easily put in and taken out for long trips etc.

They are also pretty easy to get hold of.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2002, 04:14:11 AM »

:)Hi Liam
I have early model Commodore buckets fitted to my FC, they have removable headrests and fit very well. I used the standard Commodore floor mounts to retain the slide mech. etc.
I just made up two mounting brackets for each seat, this run length wise, under the existing commodore slides and have plates attached front and rear to allow the bolting to the orinigal outside bolt holes in the floor. The inner mounts near the tunnel are exact copies of outside units but you have to drill the floor and place rectangular plates under floor to spread the mounting load. This install was approved by an engineer.
Hope this helps, sorry for being long winded.
John.M Smiley

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Rawls

I Luv EKs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2002, 08:38:29 AM »

G'Day Liam, I've put the seats out of my toyota 4 runner into my EK, they're nice & cumfy. Out of all the seats I looked at putting in my car, the toyota ones always seemed to be the best quality. I decided to put high back seats in for safety reasons but the headrests are removable so you can retain the early model look if you want to. hope this helps, Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: