FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:24:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wiper Motor Needed  (Read 2367 times)
horrie58

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:58:20 AM »

The 1st real rain this year and my wiper motor has failed, basically worn out and I need a replacement. AC Delco single speed unit would be ideal, but a dual speed or modified unit or suggestions on a fix would be appreciated.
Greg, Cairns
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 09:55:52 PM »

I can make your single speed motor into a 2 speed unit for $85 but there have been EK single speed units on ebay recently and there may be others on the forum who have a wiper motor that is missing the arms on the back that they will let go a fair bit cheaper than my solution.
My kit has the complication that I need you to post me some parts from your old motor and then post the whole lot back to you

Regards Ken
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 02:42:25 AM »

i got an ek motor if ya need it .swapped mine for a two speed preslite one off a late sixety's  volksy bolted straight up to the backing plate of the ek one.and just wondering ken when you make it two speed does that mean first speed is only half speed.was gonna do this but found a better option with the beetle motor.

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »

No I do similar to what you did with the Beetle motor - I use a donor motor which bolts up to the EK base plate. So 1st speed is about the same as EK and 2nd speed is faster

Regards  Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: