FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:30:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windscreen Washers  (Read 22419 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »

Thanks Jack, I've gone with Neil and ordered the Chev ones after all they are a GM product and they look neat.
Regards Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »

Jim or anybody else can you tell me the OD of the washer nozzle pipe under the dash. I went to put the hose from the kit I have on to the pipes the other day and it is slightly to big in the ID.
Promise this is my last question on this thread Grin

Neil
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:17 PM »

Neil, thats what the forum is all about, I've measured one of my blocks the tube is about 3mm od I've seen comments on the forum about tube for fish tank pumps being used as a suply line to the washer.
Regards Jim

Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08:21 PM »

Tubes are 1/8" OD (3.2mm). SuperCheap sells vacuum hose by the metre that will fit. Ed Ho's 4mm sprinkler system barb modification is highly reccomended (see the washer doc) to prevent leaks or blowoff.

Cheers,
Harv.
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 12:35:16 PM »

Thanks guys really appreciate the help.

Harv where do I find the 'washer doc'

Regards
Neil
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »

You'll find the link to the washer doc on the fourth post of this thread  Grin.

Heres another copy of the link: http://www.scribd.com/full/52759445?access_key=key-kxqe4whgmxhdfp90wj5

Ed's barbed tube modification is on page 25.

Cheers,
Harv (chief apprentice windscreen washer fiddler).
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 02:46:57 PM »

Thanks Harve have got it now

Neil
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 04:37:29 PM »

Harv,your a legend, forgot all about that link what an easy way to solve the problem of the hose falling off(nothing worse than being pissed on inside the car).
Neil, got an email from the states, my washers are on the way. I to will be fitting the barbs to mine.
Regards Jim

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 04:40:46 PM »

Neil, I forgot to ask, what did you use for your washer bottle? Ihave an aftermarket kit from rares that looks like the old torana that screws onto the inner guard.
Jim

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »

Jim I bought a washer bottle kit years ago when I started my conversion and I don't remember where I got it. It does screw to the inner guard however the motor/pump is underneath and I have been having drama with the motor hitting the step of the inner guard and not letting the screw holes on the bottle luggs sit low enough so I went and purchased a polished metal tank from Rares, the motor also fits underneath but I have modified it so the motor now sits in the side and welded up the hole in the bottom so that there are no more issues.
I have seen a plastic tank that had the motor recessed into the front and I think I was told it was a HQ but I'm not really sure.

Good news about the nozzles being on their way you will probably get yours first as I'm in WA.

Neil
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »

Neil, I had a look at mine this afternoon, I'm going to mount it near the lh hinge  there looks as if there's enough room although I'll have to make up a bracket to keep it off the hinge. I also did the washer posts today, I used a straight connector barb instead of the 't' peice used on the fb/ek site. I put an 1/8in. bit in my drill press and carefully reamed it out(took a few goes) end result is a full length adaptor so the hose will have more grip when installed (just had to trim off the centre block).
Regards Jim

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »

Just received my washer nozzles from the states on friday and fitted them. They are great and work really well. Have now completed the installation and everything working from the new switch that was mentioned in the wiper motor mod.
One question "Where my nozzles screw in at the base of the wiper arms both nozzles are on the passenger side should one be on the left and one on the right I am thinking that somebody in the past may have fitted 2 drivers side bezzals as the passenger side washer nozzle does spray a little to the passenger side."
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 02:52:24 PM »

I think all the bezels are right hand, I've looked at all the ones I have as well as another boby I just purchased and they are all the same. Right side squirts under the wiper and left sid behind the wiper. I got mine last week as well but forgot to post the photos.
Jim

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »

Correct - all bases have the squirter on the same side.

Ken
Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:50 PM »

Bugger Ken, you got me curious and made me go digging through the windscreen washer parts box again  Grin

You're right, the FE/FC bases are all tapped on one side only, whilst the FB ones are tapped on both sides on each bezel (not that FB will fit FE/FC).

Cheers,
Harv.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: