FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:59:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Yank wants info on Fc wagon  (Read 3524 times)
4spd409

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2002, 03:46:26 AM »

I visited Melbourne and Sydney last March and noticed a few of the late 50s Holdens and became interested in them. I guess it is because they resemble the 55 and 56 Chevys. What years did they produce this body style? Is there a book available that would provide me with the information? I very much enjoyed may stay in Australia. A group of about 35 with the National Impala Association visited for about 2 weeks. We were able to take in your International Auto Show and an American Car Show in Melbourne. We also visisted Holden Special Vehicle Group. I would love to bring a Fc wagon back to the States. I work as a rural mail carrier and drive a rhd Subaru to deliver mail so I am used to rhd but not to driving on other side. Thank you Ron
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 04:28:10 AM »

Hi Ron,

The wagons or "station sedans" were produced from 57 to 59, although others such as Ken and RET are in a better position to provide in depth info.

In addition to my FE wagon (1957), out of interest, and you being a rural mail carrier,  I also own a Jeep DJ5G which most people there and a few here know as the "US postal Jeep".

It is RHD as standard and one of very few over here in Australia.  Modifications are yet to be performed...

I must admit tho, the FE is way cooler than the humble DJ...

Ed

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 02:21:16 AM »

(I've moved this thread into the General Board)

Ken would be able to give you numbers of wagons produced - I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before.

As far as books are concerned, obviously they are all Australian publications, but the following are all good (in order of my preference):

"Heart of the Lion", by John Wright.  ISBN: 1865081981 Available here: http://www.bookworld.com.au/featuredbook1.asp?StoreUrl=angusrobertson&bookid=1865081981&db=au

"History of Holden since 1917", by Norm Darwin.  ISBN: 154760492
(out of print, but listed here: http://www.biblioz.com)

"Australia's Own", by Shane Birney.  ISBN: 173641528 (out of print, but also listed several times at biblioz)

There's also a paperback that Holden themselves produce every year or so called "The Holden Heritage" that you can get from them directly for free - there's a page on their website http://www.holden.com.au where you can request it.  It contains vital statistics of all the different models produced over the years.

Hope that's all some help to you,

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 02:59:28 AM »

Hi guys
The book "The History of Holden Since 1917" is still availible from the publisher. I spoke to them this morning and they said they still have quite a few in stock (hard cover only). Cost is $44.50 plus post.

Eddie Ford Publications
29  Lyons St  Newstead VIC 3462
Ph: (03) 5476 2212  

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
4spd409

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 03:07:56 AM »

Thank you for the information I will try a couple of the sources for a book. Should have looked for one when I was there. It might be a good excuse to go back. Thanks again Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: