FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:23:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rubbers  (Read 2674 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: March 03, 2006, 01:33:48 AM »

HEY BLOKES
Where's the cheapest full rubber kit for FC Special found? (without dropping too much quality)

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 08:09:58 AM »

I personally only ever buy Rare Spares products - they have very good back up and are PASSIONATE supporters of the car club movement.  Les McVeigh has been on the forum before and they are quite generous in supporting club events.  Do you ever see other manufacturer's supporting us as Rare Spares do?  I don't think so!

OK sure you may find some individual rubber products cheaper at this place or at that place, I wont dispute that - but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Windscreen rubbers for utes and vans was a club initiative supported by R/S as are the soon to be available boot badges.  I am currently working with them on doing all the firewall grommets and have just done all the bumper bar bolts.

So my opinion is support the suppliers who support us!!!
Price ISN'T everything.

Regards   Ken
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 09:06:15 AM »

Ken is right, however as funny as this may seem, shop around, because there are anumber of places who sell "Rare Spares" rubbers in the "Rare Spares" packaging and sell it cheaper than Rares do.....work that out Huh?

Our WA agent of Rares "Rex Spares" offers all FC club members ( WA CLUB ) a 10% discount, so look around at your local FC club.

I ended up going to a different guy altogether who supplied the Rares Kit, with a few extra bits that I needed, and was cheaper than buying from Rex spares even after the 10%.

Price isn't everything...but if you don't have the budget, then sometimes you have to shop around.

Side topic......( not meaning to hijack the thread ), but what Ken said about Rares supporting the classic car movement ect...is spot on.  

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 12:18:51 AM »

Hi all, in S.A. we go to Restorer's Hotline and they have custom rubbers for FE/FC's that fit better than the "off the role" type for our models.  Andrew and Ian have always given us discount plus excellent service.  Rare Spares tend to be a bit pricier than Restorer's Hotline.  Cheers Hotlips Smiley Wink

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »

thanks Kathleen

les

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:24:33 AM »

Restorers Hotline in Adelaide is the sole Distributor of Rare Spares products in Adelaide in effect Restorers is Rare Spares Adelaide it is good to hear they gives good service. Also please make sure you are comparing apples with apples when buying rubber kits as not all have the same amount of product
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: