FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:21:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hayshed FC  (Read 131194 times)
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »

Hi Guys,
          i think i will leave the lash as it was given to me by the experts. They have done all the tests over many years so why would i mess with a proven formular.
 Last night i set the valve lash to .016" on both inlet and exhaust and also set up the idle mixtures on the carbies. The carbies were set way too rich but that didn't worry me because i needed to bed the new rings in anyway, and to do that you need lots of fuel in the cylinders to wash the bores of oil to stop the glazing from friction. Now that i have set the mixtures the engine runs beautifully and when i took it for another drive it drove great, i can't get too much speed up because i have no windscreens in yet, but it really gets up to speed quickly. Look out, GOA350 might be in for an upgrade  Grin.
 All i need to do now is, a few little jobs then wait to get it down to the trimmers. It's ok though, i rather be in this position than trying to get all of this done with only a couple of days to go.
 Also it lets me get a bit of work done on the other two cars i am taking.

By for now Scotty 
julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2010, 03:21:08 PM »

Scotty

I am sure you could have overcome the windscreen problem and took the helmet out of your FE, I am also sure you would have one for that, and you drive it with the windscreen in ...go figure.

Go for another rap this time with a helmet on...and enjoy

See you at the Nats

Julius
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2010, 03:44:14 PM »

Hey Scotty,
You could always wear your leather helmet and goggles.  You'd look just like Dick Dastardly with Georgia alongside as Muttley from the Wacky Races!!  Good to see you're nearly at the end of the tunnel.
Cheers,
Tony.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »

Just did small things on the weekend, such as, put springs on carbies, tweaked carbies, trying to stop rocker cover leak, adjusted boot springs, fitted spare wheel and changed over fuel tank sender (thanks Tony). Will get more work done later this week when the car goes to the trimmers for the headlining etc.
Cheers Scotty 
trevwood

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2010, 06:08:32 PM »

Hi Scotty, haven't been on here for ages, really enjoyed this build up, engine sounds great Grin.
See you soon, Trev Cool.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:23 AM »

Dropped off the FC this morning, to have the headlining fitted and to have the seats repaired, the trimmer tels me that it will be ready to pick up on Friday. Will organise to have the screens fitted on Friday aswell, then pick it up. Unfortunatly the back seat won't be finished by Friday but i will pick that up next week.
 I will put some more updated photos up next week.
Cheers Scotty
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »

If the parts are ready on time then pls advise me of this guys contact details.

Had my Prem seats dropped of with a expected completion date of 3 weeks.  5 months later they were done.  Angry

Not an uncommon scenario from auto repolsterers apparently. 

Hope this one is true to his word and everything falls into place for you.

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2010, 12:55:54 PM »

Hi everyone,
                Went to the trimmers today and took these photos of the headlining, he has done a pretty good job, now he has to finish the seats and she will be done. The windscreen guy can't do it 'til Monday, so i will be picking it up on Monday and dropping it around to the mechanic to do a roadworthy, then i can take it to get plates. So i would say, next week some time i can organise some "shake down" drives to fine tune the driving side of the car and then i would like to take it to the guy that i got it off and show him the FC back on the road after 31 years.

Also Hr Premier, this guy assures me, he will have it ready for me and so far so good he has been true to his word. It has been the windscreen guy who has delayed things more than the trimmer.

Cheers Scotty
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2010, 05:58:52 AM »

Great job Scotty, I have enjoyed following this.

Look forward to seeing it at Orange.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55:40 AM »

Don't want to tell you what to do Scotty but have you thought of painting the areas under the windscreen rubber with some primer or killrust to stop the rust in the future, It's a bit hard to get to once the windscreen is in.
          Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »

I'd go with Pedro on this one. 2 resprays of other classics last year - didn't do it one of them and regretting it already....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

Screen areas have been attended to, thanks for the advice.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2010, 04:13:58 PM »

G'day again,
                I know it is not easy to see but the headlining and screens are done and the FC is booked in to have a roadworthy done tomorrow.
Then away we go!!!!!!!

The end is so close i can taste it.
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »

Sensational
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »

Well done Scott,

What a difference you have made to the car, looks great compeared to what you started with

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »

Hi everyone,
 Just letting you all know that the FC passed the roadworthy with flying colours and will be registered in the coming days, ready for the week end at the Jindera swap meet. Looking forward to going for a few decent drives to get a feel for the car.

Just on what i started with. Maybe i need to put a photo of the FC, before i started, on the dash board so that people who haven't had the pleasure of keeping up with the rebuild, can appreciate the work that goes into getting one of these cars on the road.
 To all those that have rebuilt your cars from the shell up, you need to be commended. I have only built this one in the running gear and rust repair department, and it has cost me a fair bit in $$ and time. I can only imagine what it would cost if I had the body straightened and repainted aswell.
If someone can go out and buy me a FC or FE for under $10k with all the things that i have done to this FC, then i would like to see it, and i bet there are alot of hidden secrets that the seller won't tell you.
 It always amazes me that these cars don't get the price tag that a similar era Chev or Ford get. There is just as much cost and time involved to do all of these cars, but for some reason ours are about $10k behind, go figure. Sorry for venting, it just gets my goat.
Maybe one day our investments will be acknowleged for what they are worth.

Cheers Scotty
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2010, 04:54:38 PM »

Congratulations Scotty, don't worry about what you've spent we're all doing the same, just enjoy the fact you're driving the old girl Cool Cool Cool, and occasionally think of us poor bastards still slaving away and dreaming of the day we can do what you are doing Wink
                   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »

Congratulations on the car passing rego Scotty, Well done

As for the value, they aren't making any more of them, there are alot of them that are being pulled apart still and the owners are deciding that they are too far gone. As such they are getting fewer, you only have to go through the for sale posts to see owners that have started then abandoned the projects over the years, most abandoned projects are sold cheaply and wind up being used as parts

I think in time to come, and not too far off, we will see the price of our cars increase, not subsantially, but continue to rise

My 2 cents

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »

Hi Everyone,
  The FC is registered now, i got my Plates a couple of days ago,it's on club rego, so i am off to Pedders next week for them to have a check over it to make sure the front end is still where it should be, and to clock some test miles up before i drop the oil and water and put some fresh stuff in ready for the treck to Orange. I also hope to take the FC to the guy who gave it to me and show him that it lives again.
 See you all in Orange,
                               Scotty
Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »

Se you in Orange Scotty.

John

Better in Green
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print