FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:36:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Pump Washer  (Read 1878 times)
JohnBM
wa-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »

I'm looking for a substitute washer to use on the fuel pump of my grey-motor FE. The washer fits under the glass bowl, and is then tightened down to make it air-tight. I have the original, but it has gone hard and pitted and will not seal. I've tried neoprene, other rubbers and cork but all fail after a short time. I believe a fuel pump kit does not include this item.
Any information and help appreciated.
John
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »

I have a supply of about 5 original NOS bowl gaskets in mint condition (They originally were in a NASCO cardboard tube with part number on them) - $30 and you can have the lot.

Ken
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 07:55:18 AM »

John,

Have you cleaned (really, really thoroughly) the sediment and alloy corrosion out of the bottom of the pump and sealing channel? Easier to do and see with the pump out of the car. I've been using the cork seals from American Auto parts (about $2.00 each), no dramas with leaks after a few thousand miles.

Cheers,
Harv.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: