FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:27:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bazza's FC  (Read 15601 times)
BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »

After a couple of years break it's time to get back into it. The car i think is a 1959 model and I got it as an already started project. The car had fitted Hr disc front and Hr rear end. It also had a Hr Auto front floor put in it. It had been painted back in 1991 and then put in a shed and forgotten about. I knew the previous owner and saw it when it came out of the paint shop. He then called me in May 2006 and said grab a trailer and come and get it's yours. So that's the start of the story. I'll fill you all in with how far I've got with it later.
Bazza

Stash
nsw-club

Model: FC

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:39 AM »

Lookin forward to hearing the story...
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 09:09:21 AM »

Good luck Bazza. Looks like a great start.

Regards

Wayne b
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »

Be interested to see how the paint looks after a good clean.Nice looking car and a great start.Good luck with the rebuild (that is if you haven't already finished it).

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Well we got it home and started to clean her up and all was looking good then we started to see a few spots with humidity blisters. But she does look good from a distance the colour I think is Toyota Red Mica and the white has a pink pearl base. So under the house it went and I then spent a few months thinking about where to head with it. One of the first things I did was getting on to this Forum to help with the plan. More to follow.

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »

Looks good for an old paint job.

BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »

The paint looks alright but there are a few spots where the blisters are pretty bad so it really needs stripping back and repainting but for now it can stay like it is. So the guy I got it from was intending to run a 202 with a trimatic so I decided to run with that. I began looking for a donor car and managed to score an original 80,000km VB commodore for $120. I didn't know it at the time it was low k's it was only after I got it home that I realized what I had. I got it from a guy who's teenage son drove it and put a few dints in it including one big one on the passenger side rear quarter and roof pillar. That was a few months after I got the FC and then I had to track down An EH sump and pick up and a HR auto trans crossmember for the swap. Stay tuned. Bazza
Stash
nsw-club

Sydney, NSW

johnchaplin
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »

I like it when a plan comes together!!  Grin
BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »

While waiting for the sump to turn up I had a go at restoring the steering wheel. It was in pretty bad shape but with a bit of araldite and some new paint it came up pretty good. The horn button was a swap meet score for $2 a long time ago and is near mint. I also managed to pick up a nice set of chromies with tyres, new nuts and caps for $150. Part of the plan was now not to rush into and spend big dollars but to try and do it as cheap as possible. I love the hunt for a bargain.

Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »

love the wheels!!And LOVE the price Smiley
Nice work with the sterring wheel

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »

Lookin good Bazza, nice colours too

cheers, Gary
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 05:55:59 PM »

Hi Bazza,

car looks great, can't wait to see the finished product.

Dean.
BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 06:05:17 PM »

Thanks for the comments so far. I managed to score a 202 and trimatic and tailshaft for $50 from the same guy I got the wheels from, it came out of an Ej and another guy in our car club has Hr stuff and donated a Hr auto crossmember. So the next step was to rip out the motor and trimatic out of the commodore, clean them up, change the sump, repaint the motor and add a bit of bling. I then got ready for the transplant. I got one of my mates to come around to give me a hand, as we were both on an afternoon shift at work. We gave ourselves a couple of hours before we were due to start to get it done, but it just lined up perfect and we had the engine and tranny in and bolted up in half an hour. We just looked at one another and said how easy was that. The next step was trying to work out what radiator to use. I was thinking about using  the Commodore one until my neighbour gave me a near new one out of a Hq to try so I went with that. I had a rebuilt 350 holley to go on but I ended up swapping this for a set of twin strommies and the commodore had a near new set of extractors on it and they fit alright. I must say my first love has always been for Fjs and I have never done much in the way of modification, so I was not sure about taking on this project but with the help of this forum it has so far been a fairly easy process. So thank you to all those who have come before me with their posts and to those who have helped answer even the most basic of question.
Regards Bazza
More to follow.

BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

I just learnt something, delete photos from photobucket and they disappear from post.
Bazza
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »

Ah yes they do LOL.. Grin

BAZZA

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »

At least they reappear when you put them back He He.
Bazza
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: