FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:26:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WELDING HER UP NEED HELP  (Read 2171 times)
RUBBLE

FC WAGONS ARE COOOOOOL

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:36:04 AM »

i need some info on the sizes the anchor plates for seatbelts and seat brackets have to be.think i read a thread on it here before but i cant find it,i think they have to be about 75mmx55mm?any help or leads on where to find it would be very handy.

cheers rubble
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:37:40 AM »

Have you got your seat belts yet? There are some kits out there that have the plates included.
I'd check with the local rego office about the plate size, it would be a bummer to get all the work done, then find out the plates are the wrong size.

In SA there is no requirement to fit seatbelts to a FE as it is so old, so I have free-reign according to the rego office.

MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 09:55:53 AM »

I spoke with my engineer about this when I put mine in and I cant find the notes (I put large plates down the pillar, well in excess of requirements).

From memory, but check, it had to be 3mm plate, 75mm x 75mm, the thread had to be least as deep as it was wide and the standard thread was 7/16UNF.  It didnt have to be welded, I remembe that, as I fully welded the floor anchor points in and was told this was required (however It looks better)

sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 10:20:13 AM »

The size nut is 7/16UNF and should be captive. ie welded.
The spreader plate should be 2 to 3 times the thickness the floor pan, not to thick so it can still deform, with rounded edges so it cant punch through.
I think an area of 5000 sq.mm rings a bell, so 100 X 50 would be OK?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: