FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: EOI - Reproduction NASCO Filguards  (Read 7937 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 07:49:18 AM »

After being highlighted on one of Alex's recent AOWs and seeing the amount of interest in them. I have investigated getting these made and would like GENUINE registrations of interest (individual and club). If there is enough interest I will be ordering them in the next couple of weeks and may even have them ready for sale at the Nationals.

AOW Link - http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=nasco;action=display;num=1130589533

They will be made from 0.6mm stainless steel, polished and will be the short-necked versions.

The facts
1. They will be selling for
$25 each for Club Members (plus postage) and
$27 each for Non-club members (plus postage).

2. $2 from every club member sale and $4 from every Non member sale will be put "in the tin" for the forum's running costs.

3. Club orders will get a discount to enable the club to sell at the $25 and put some money in their own tin.

4. I will be selling them on ebay, after initial orders are filled, starting at $27 each with the above amounts still going to the forum kitty.

This is a picture of the long-necked version on Alex's car. The finished product will be about 5-7mm shorter as the long necked version does not fit every car.

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 07:55:24 AM »

That many eh? Wow, I am not sure we can handle that amount, stay tuned  Roll Eyes

Seriously though, is it a dumb idea? Too Expensive? or is it just that people don't like me?

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:01:37 AM »

Stinky,
         i dont think its because they dont like you, the guy is still infact making these, and is also making scuff plates as i bought some stuff off him a fortnight ago!
cheers,
Darcy

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
SRVLIVES

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:04 AM »

Seriously though, is it a dumb idea? Too Expensive? or is it just that people don't like me?

Is there another choice?... I don't want to offend you.... Tongue

Jonno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:15 AM »

Hi Stinky,

I would take two if they fit ute/wagon.

Jonno

Cottles Bridge, VIC
Trevor_B
vic-club

Model: FC

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:29:28 AM »

Yep, the price sounds good to me, if you are taking orders put me down for one please.
Trevor_B
Vic Club
PS. Be really good if they were ready for the Nats - I reckon you would sell plenty there.

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 09:59:25 AM »

Stinky,
          Put me down for one, just let me know where to send the dosh, and it is a done deal.

Thanks

Michael
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 10:06:05 AM »

yes please

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 10:21:31 AM »

Glenn, I'll take two.
Colin

colt
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 11:48:29 AM »

Stinky,
         i dont think its because they dont like you, the guy is still infact making these, and is also making scuff plates as i bought some stuff off him a fortnight ago!
cheers,
Darcy

Sorry Torque, but he ain't still making them, this has been drawn out in the club section already. I am not out to cut other people's lunches or make a killing anyway, just filling a demand for goods.

Thanks for the replies fellas, keep 'em coming, it is encouraging.
I (we, out of state financier and myself Lips sealed) need to be sure of a demand before investing our money as there is a minimum order of 100 and most of these need to be sold to break even.

Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

Glenn,

one for me, please.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 01:22:49 AM »

I am not out to cut other people's lunches or make a killing anyway, just filling a demand for goods.

Yeah, we're pretty right for lunch-cutters, I think Lips sealed

In answer to Jonno, they do apparently fit all bodies (the van featured in SM mag recently had one).  Additionally, they will definitely fit FB-EK, and (I'm pretty sure but feel free to correct me here) 48-FJ.

Also, the NSW Club are willing to do a bulk purchase of 6-10 (depending on minimum for "bulk").

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fcee
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 01:53:14 AM »

Put me down for one please .  Steve Wink

Sale Victioria
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 01:55:59 AM »

48-FJ used a larger filgard to cover the filler neck rubber grommet Wink
Regards ACE  Cool
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 02:12:51 AM »

Just got off the phone.
It would seem the reproduction bloke (Sam) has had a flood of enquiries just recently, probably due to interest after Alex's article. So, he has started production again and is selling them for $35 a pop.
As to "cutting his lunch" he was keen to offer advice in the dos and don'ts of getting them made and told me to expect interest to wane as soon as I had them.

Just waiting on word back from a couple of clubs, but at this stage there looks to be enough interest to do a run.

As to fitting all cars, I have a sample of the long neck version. This fitted my FE Sedan and Ute without problem, it did not fit the FC Wagon though, this would require the short neck version. A second set of tooling would be required to do both versions and a minimum run of 100 again.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 06:09:48 AM »

Just to clarify long and short necks: these appear to be variations in tolerance, not body-style specific.  The shorter-neck version is obviously more 'universal'.

When I bought two (one for each car, both FE Sedans) I found that the early one required the short-necked version, but the later, modified one (which could well have had a replacement fuel-tank, I don't know) did indeed have a longer neck.  The difference is only a few mm, which is why manufacturing 100 of each is not feasible.  Sam is producing them ad hoc, which explains (a) why there is a choice and (b) why they will be more expensive.

BTW Thanks for the clarification Ace.  So they suit FE-EK only.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 07:33:19 AM »

Hi Glenn

I will also take one, would it be easier if I paid and picked it up at the nat's

Regards

Julius
old-blu
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 08:31:49 AM »

Funny how things happen! I put an order of 50 past Sam @ Wangaratta a few weeks ago & he told me then,that he would not have the time .Incidentally ,the repro scuff plates are very good,requiring only a "tweak" here & there for a perfect result. As I allready have a couple of covers,my enquiry was a general one. If Stinky can get a run done,then that should cater for the general demand, Cheers Old- Blu.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 08:33:00 AM by old-blu » Logged

6th, may 1958 "I was there".
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 08:58:25 AM »

Stinky if they fit FB/EK as RET said then I'm interested in 1 or 2.
I'm sure if you can't sell the 100 minimum order requirement here on this forum then you probably won't have any trouble getting the surplus on Ebay.

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
oldgmh

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 11:02:53 AM »

I will have 2 thanks.   Grin Grin

I assume they fit over the existing rubber ring, and are just used as a dress-up item?   Huh Embarrassed Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: