FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:30:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Folks  (Read 14460 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »

Well I guess a forum is a forum and I think it would be wrong if people cannot express themselves the way they see fit within reason. There always has to be a starting point to a discussion and sometime having a discussion is better than not having one at all. I believe that those who don't like someone's thread can just ignore it if they want or discuss their point further. It's not that negative calling a state a nanny state really, Its all in the interpretation. Remember the eureka days. It's people like that who make a voice and rally together who will get something that represents what normal people want in society. So if we are going to filter what people can say due to image, then this is a sad state to be in, in my opinion.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
+1

Totally agree with RET and would like to add that you never know who is reading and perhaps taking offence at some comments - trust me, it is well known in a number of states that people within government departments regularly trawl sites/forums to see what is "going on".  And, believe it or not, some are even members of forums without anyone realising it and even more shocking........ some of them actually do know about cars!

Kathi

NosFEratu
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 02:57:03 PM »

Deano,

No-one was being singled out in my comment, which applies to both this thread and the "non-VASS" one in The Shed. But there was an undertone developing, and others had reported their feelings about it to me as Moderator. (Some of their words are repeated in my previous message.)

I would rather we simply nudge the conversation towards a positive tack, than let it go and have it get out of hand.

I hope that clarifies it.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »

Thanks mate  Wink

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
carbyhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »
+1

Thanks RET,

You've clarified the overall picture quite well.

I hope I haven't come across as ignorant or arrogant by not responding to this post straight away, just wanted to have a good think about what to say as to not put my foot in my mouth again. Embarrassed

Cheers mate.
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »

Yeah I'm sorry if you have been made to feel uncomfortable in any way. That's the first time I've seen a convo go way off course like that. It was you thread/post and if people didn't like it I would have though as adults we could ignore posts or people that we don't want to follow etc. Anyway I hope this doesn't turn you off this wonderful knowledge base of information. Are you going to start a build page

Deano

carbyhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

No worries mate,

I learnt from a young age that you don't find the boundaries until you push them a bit. Copped a fair flogging from the old man along the way. Grin

It might be a slow process (due to time and funds) but I'm pretty keen to do a build page, not just as a record of my own vehicle but possibly help others that may be considering taking the plunge themselves, undertaking their own mods or restoration work.

The standard of work presented here from the 1st timer to the pro is generally top notch, It's probably what makes this site the premier (pardon the pun) early holden website.

Cheers, Rob.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: