FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:38:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rebirthing FranCis.  (Read 9074 times)
Daveh

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »

Yes I have given the wagon a name.
But then all the cars I love have a name. Most of mine are much older (1901,1909,1911,1915,1926, & 1953) but I have long wanted an FC wagon. I almost bought an FB a few years ago but decided do to wait for what I really wanted.
So I have my FC special wagon. It is pretty well complete, and apart from non existent floors (now there's a surprise!) it's in pretty good order. The interior is complete and original making the pattern matching and colouring easier.
The engine is from an FB, by the engine number, but obviously isn't a recent change so it will stay.
I intend a complet original restoration, I don't want to go fast, but want a true original FC.
Why? Well it's the first car I remember dad having when I was a little tacker. My grandfather had an FB sedan which dad was given and he put them both on the market and the wagon sold first so he kept the sedan. Perhaps I was scarred by that and have hankered for one ever since.
This is not my first restoration, indeed I'm busy finishing my current project ( part of the "agreement" with wifey is that I complete this one first) which is about 98% done. This is a 1901 steam car.
But she didn't say I couldn't prepare! So I'm researching, ebaying and preparing.
She also didn't stipulate that my son couldn't begin!
So after establishing the engine condition (-it runs with good compression) he will remove it and refurbish it.
By then hopefully I will be able to attack the body.

When I figure out how to post pictures I will post the "before" series of photos which may help people with a less complete (original) starting point. Things like where does the two tone paint colour meet on the inside of the doors? And other minor but fun points.
Crumpsnr

Model: FC

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »

i Dave,

Welcome, and it'll be good to see pics. I think the wagon is a great shape!

I think the research and pre-planning is half the fun. This forum is a fantastic source of information.
I like your "find a loophole" approach!

Martyn
Daveh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »

Pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Daveh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 06:14:30 PM »

Looks like the makings of a great project, and by the sounds of things you're no stranger to it. Best of luck with it, and you'll get plenty of help from the great guys on this forum.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »

Welcome Dave,
Looks like you have a very original FC 229 that is perfect to bring back to life.
The paint separation lines look like they have never been changed, so where they are looks correct.
The only thing I can see from the pics is that the front door windlace does not look original.
The back doors windlace looks correct being black with a silver fleck.
Hurry up and finish the other one so we can see you start on FranCis.
We are guilty of naming our cars as well. We have FErgus the FE station sedan and FranCine the slightly modified FC special sedan.

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 09:19:41 AM »

Also welcome Dave. Great project.

Regards

Wayne b
parry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »

Welcome Dave
I have front floor sections in shed I'm not going to use if interested I'm in Hillman WA
phone 0428732237 I have a FC wagon I'm building at present
Parry Wink
GMHwagoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »

welcome dave
                        looks like you got a good basis to start on ,  the wagons must be coming out of the
                        wood work .  l have just taken my daily driver  fc wagon off the road  after eight years
                         of driving
                         l am going to miss the attention these old girls get driving them around
                         hope it will take only a couple of years before its back out again

greg

surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »

welcome to the Forum Dave
I have sent a reply to your Facebook question (I think  Huh I'm still trying figuring out Facebook  Roll Eyes Huh Grin)

and Parry.. Have you figured out how to post pics yet (just noticed your posts from last year)
you can email some to me and I will put them up for you. cruising58@hotmail.com
If you use photobucket, I find it is best to resize them first

Good to see another couple of West Aussie wagons   Grin

surferboy
 Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Daveh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

Thank you one and all, especially Parry who assisted me with some spare front floors, ...now if anyone has rear ones.......

I'm not sure I will be able to wait until I finish my current one, although wifey's argument has made me get off my ass and the nasty job I was avoiding is getting done........still a bugger of a job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: