FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 11:45:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE FC Body ID Plate numbers x 3 for Ken  (Read 9845 times)
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

I have just got the ID details as follows for the remains of two FE's I found in a gully in Northern NSW.

FE Sedan -

Body FE 225 27414 S
Trim      261 703
Paint     256 6332

FE Station Sedan

Body FE 229-1681-A
Trim      240-573
Paint     253-7472
RPO      256-7704

Also my FC VAn

Body FC 2104-8220-A
Trim      196-654
Paint     256-2100
Insert
Top           333

Regards, Tom H
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »

G'day Tom,

Have you got any photos of these cars to show us?

Cheers
David

Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »

I will be back out to the blackberry infested gully in a couple of weeks and will take some pics of the poor old darlings...pretty sorry sight really...I want to take off the roof rain gutter mouldings that are in perfect conditon on the wagon. There is also the remains of an FJ sedan right up next to the FE sedan that is also covered in blackberry...

I have also found the remains of an FC sedan that is partly under water in another gully down the road that actually has a pretty good floor that I need to fix the FE van I just bought...will take pics of that too.

I dont know much about numbers but the FE wagon seemed pretty early production?
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:54 PM »

Hey Tom,

If the fe wagon has a lower tailgate chrome mould (along the upper edge), I'd be very interested in it.

Been after one for a while now.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

I will  get the lower gate although it is rusty and the mould is a little dinged. I can send you a pic and let you decide if it is usable. Regards, Tom
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »

Tom,

That would have been a great looking FE wagon in what I imagine is a rare colour combo, Leon Green over Royal Marine, the trim, Persian Turquoise and Dolphin Green sounds rare too.

Would this be correct Ken?

regards
john

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »

Hi Tom,
If the FE wagon still has the little brackets (screwed to underside of the spare wheel lid), I would be very interested (only need one of the pair that goes on the rearmost edge -ie. nearest the tailgate). Also need the upper tailgate for my FE van (unless it's cactus- already have one of those Grin)
Thanks,
R.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 04:17:26 PM »

Hi Rabbitoh, I will check the wagon for the brackets, not sure as the lid itself is gone, probably rotted away. From memory you were chasing an ID plate for your van same as me... by the way, can someone help with how to remove the roof gutter trim without damaging it..seems to be a crimped on fit.

Regards, Tom
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

It's a a reasonably rare colour - this is the 3rd one recorded in what is a pretty rare body style so I wouldn't call it the hardest colour scheme to find. If you could find the chassis numbers this would be excellent as well Tom.

The best way to remove the trim is to get a large screwdriver and grind a flat on the driver end to achieve a surface of about 8mm x 2mm. Then place the screwdriver directly under the trim and starting at one edge gently tap upwards to spring the trim from the gutter. Work slowly and gently without putting too much bend into the trim.

Ken
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »

Hello Ken, I will get the number from the subframe. I am aware FE numbers are either stamped in large style same location as FC or in smaller stamping above the battery tray. There are a couple of FE-FC's on the property I got the van from that still have their ID plates intact so will record the numbers next trip to Inverell also.

I friend of mine who likes to remain anonymous has collected many many FE-FC ID plates over the last 30 years from wrecks. If you would like me to go thru them, provided he allows, it may fill in some blank spaces in your list.

Regards, Tom

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:52 PM »

Hi Tom

I too collect car ID's, and have checked out your numbers against my master list and I don't think this one checks out.

Body FE 225 27414 S
Trim      261 703
Paint     256 6332

The Paint Colour is Frankston Cream, whilst the '261' code is for a two tone car.
If the '1' is dropped and the code becomes 26-703 then it checks out. Could you have another look, the 1 may be a / etc etc.

The other codes look ok, and as Ken says the cars chassis number, really dates the car.

I would like to also get the ID plate details from the other collection as it helps to collaborate what colours combinations were being produced, and which factories were making the cars.

Keep up the searching and checking.

Geoff_K
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 08:45:27 AM »

Hi Geoff. I checked the plate and you are right. There is a dividing mark between the codes that looked like a number 1. I will check to see if I can record the numbers for you. Regards, Tom
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 10:18:29 AM »

Hey tom,

A dinged mould is better than none!

if you could grab that I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 10:32:51 PM »

Absolutely Tom, unless his initials are JE, cos I have all the data from his plate collection.

Ken
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2008, 12:39:49 PM »

Hello Ken,

I have another FC Panelvan ID plate for you. I will use this one on the FE van I bought if I dont locate an FE one. Next trip to Inverell I will get the sub-frame numbers of the FE sedan, wagon and panelvans x 2 and post them here plus a few others on he property I got the van from. I will have to get on to photobucket and post the pics I take then link it here.

FC van ID

No.     FC-2104-4123-A
Trim    199-653
Paint   256-2033
RPO        333

Regards, Tom
Tom_H

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »

Hi all,

Have been back out to the wrecks. The station sedan FE-229-1681-A has subframe number 712224 B
and the sedan FE 225 27414 S has subframe number 8 46632 S.

The subframe number of the FE van wreck I bought that has its body ID plate missing is 8 45905 S

I have removed the tailgate strip for you Ed...just need to work out a way to get it to you.

Rabbitoh, the upper tailgate has rust hole in left lower corner...but there is a nice one on a wreck at the place in Inverell where I got my FE van shell. I will ask the guy how much next trip...maybe PM me with a mobile phone number and I can call you with the price when I am next out there? Also, the spare wheel lid brackets you are after were gone from the wreck but again might be on the other wreck in Inverell although it is full of junk and I could not see the floor...

I also went to a place in the scrub behind the Inverell airport where there used to be a wrecked FC van shell on its roof completely rusted out and was amazed to find someone had been and taken it away.

regards, Tom

FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

hey Rabbotoh

Is the FC wagon upper tailgate the same as FE van? If it is I have one in good nick. I understand that you are dealing with Tom but if it doesnt work out send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Denis
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

The seal retainer is different from FE to FC. Both on the upper and lower tailgates.

Ken
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »

Thanks Ken

At least now I know there is a difference.

Denis
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 08:18:38 AM »

Thanks for the kind offer Denis, I already have an FC upper gate (up my sleeve just in case) but I'm holding out for an FE one.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: