FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:24:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Petes fc wagon  (Read 101470 times)
DJ
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 07:23:52 PM »

Do you thin the paint to flow through the junkie needle?

Dave
0417 270 315
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:18 PM »
+1

Do you thin the paint to flow through the junkie needle?

Sure do works so good i have re done all my badges on the cars using a ultra fine needle ..

$2 for 10 needles  you need to use enamel i got sample pots from supercheap  so thin it out in a small cup i use model plane epoxy cups cos i had them and pull the centre of the needle out and tip some in.

Now this is what my business is based on engraving so i have been doing it a while but cheap shit enamel seems to stick the best we normally use hichem stuff but whatever u can get..
we do it another way without the needles thats top secret witch craft tho.. Grin

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »

Probably a bit much text on the front ..

Found my stash of number plate centreing bkts

Pimp my cable reel holder so the lecco doesnt whinge

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2016, 09:11:46 PM »

Love the cable rack Pete.

Better in Green
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2016, 09:23:55 PM »

As John said great cable rack. Where do you buy the needles from Pete?
Cheers,
Graham
DJ
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2016, 09:40:25 PM »

great results Pete

Dave
0417 270 315
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »

I love the number plate surround!!

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:53 AM »

As John said great cable rack. Where do you buy the needles from Pete?
Cheers,
Graham
The local chemist has them you just need to show you dont have track marks  Cheesy
I have  a friend who now works at a chemist so can get them off her .

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2016, 10:04:19 AM »

After doing a wedding the rear tyres scrubbed so i am fitting a lj diff to the wagon.
Total time spent on diff is 1 hour so nearlly ready for powdercoat

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »

G'day Pete, Happy Easter to you and yours.  I hope this is not the start of another one of your "quick" tidy ups   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Cheers, Graeme
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »

G'day Pete, Happy Easter to you and yours.  I hope this is not the start of another one of your "quick" tidy ups   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Cheers, Graeme
\

Happy easter to you too.

I have allready been warned of world war 3 if i pull anything off it..

SO i have another set of wagon springs to have re set and i have another centre so should be able to change it over in under an hour without her knowing.

I have to remove the residual valve from the circuit because it had a stock fc diff with disc front end now im running lj wheel cylinders it will not need it.

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »

Looking good Pete,  Was out this morning checking out your saddle you made and sent me. Wishing I had the day to play in shed, off to the family function.   Smiley

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »

Yeah I know that feeling all too well Pete, World War 3 will happen here too if I try anything on mine.....

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2016, 10:48:11 AM »

Looking good Pete,  Was out this morning checking out your saddle you made and sent me. Wishing I had the day to play in shed, off to the family function.   Smiley

We are off to a family doo as well but i snuck out earlly and made the brake lines and fitted the brake line tabs.

One thing i would check is the face of your banjo i knocked all the studs out and gave it a good clean with a fresh ceramic disc and a hard backing pad was very uneven i would say thats why it leaked . also it was weeping oil and the seam and one axle tube had a weird hole i filled.
So the powder coat should seal everything up on all the seams ect.

should look neat.

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 08:18:05 PM »

Sorry Pete you lost me with the ceramic disc, can you give me a little more on the info.  I get what you trying to do with making sure that the surface is level. But i have never heard of ceramic disc. Whats it look like and what does it do to the metal , Does it perform more of fine grind then a harsh metal grind...??  Also does it cover the entire area which comes in contact with the diff center. Huh   

Some days I wish I was that little apprentice in you control, asking all the stupid questions. Would be lapping it up like a dog..   Grin
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »

Sorry Pete also for got to say Happy Easter to you and your family, hope you day was great as mine ..  And to every one else is reading this great forum..   Grin Grin
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 09:02:17 PM »

Sorry Pete you lost me with the ceramic disc, can you give me a little more on the info.  I get what you trying to do with making sure that the surface is level. But i have never heard of ceramic disc. Whats it look like and what does it do to the metal , Does it perform more of fine grind then a harsh metal grind...??  Also does it cover the entire area which comes in contact with the diff center. Huh   

Some days I wish I was that little apprentice in you control, asking all the stupid questions. Would be lapping it up like a dog..   Grin

Just a good new soft pad will do check it out first yours may be fine and you use gasket glue anyway so should be fine.
We run a new disc at work looks like a soft pad but they are ceramic coated not glass so dont get hot and cut metal awesome they are called Pferd kombi clicks we use hundreds a month we do not use hard disc wheels anymore these superseed them.

http://www.pferd.com/images/Prospekt_COMBICLICK_72dpi_en.pdf

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2016, 08:18:37 AM »

Ah more wasted time on the wagon.
I had a weird temp spike coming up the freeway a few weeks ago and i knew it was the radiator.
Closer inspection all the cores were blocked.
So i ordered a pwr radiator by the time they added their packing fee box fee and i ordered a thermo fan with it by the time i got the invoice it was 1300 dollars
270 bucks for a thermo fan but the mounts suited their fan so i reluctantly orderd it.
What i didnt realise was the lower neck was larger for a red motor and it was heaps thicker so it did not clear the waterpump.
So my hands were tied could not send it back so what else do you do but cut up a 1300  dollar radiator.

I have all the neck swaging tools and make customer intercoolers so next time i will order a core and make my own.
So i countersunk water pump bolts
Ground snout of pump flush
New mounts
Reccessed lower tank 15x15mm to get the bottom to go in.
Now i dont know what people do for upper hose but im going to cut a 6mm thermostat housing spacer so i can turn the upper housing around as its hard on the rocker cover and no room for a hose to go on.
Then my adjustable thermo switch died as the probe jammed in the thermostat nearlly cooking the engine.
So i fitted a new 190deg switch to block and tapped out the heater tube pipe for the temp guage.
1 saturday lost but a happy engine now.
Heater core was full of mud and so was block 2 hrs of back flushing I hope its clean.

Diff went to powdercoat
Also chasing a straight axle if anyone has 1

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2016, 10:59:06 AM »

I don't normally like to comment on builds, but I love reading your updates Pete. You get done in one afternoon what would take a lot us weeks to get done and it's all top notch.

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 02:50:11 PM »

It was keeping me from sleeping worrying about it so started work at 4am to cut new tabs and bits then took it hoome and welded it all up finished running by 10am..

I ordered a TFS111 switch for the thermos but its got a 160 thermostat and its getting too hot for my liking seems to switch around 200 for some reason so i ordered a TFS 110 and that switches at 180 deg see how that goes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: