FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:48:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: scratch plates fitting  (Read 3347 times)
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2002, 06:39:33 AM »

Can anyone please help me with info. on how to fit scratch plates to a FC . Do they sit between the door and rubber or the rubber and door handle?
Also do you put anything , like a rubber / plastic seal behind them between them and the door for protection?.

Thanks muchly.  Kev.. Grin Shocked Huh
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 07:01:17 AM »

HO HO HO. I see Santa bought you some scratch plates , Lucky you. Grin Grin  They sit under the rubber .     As far as I know they just rest against the door , But there could be a gasket of some type , but my van does not have them>   SLIM
« Last Edit: December 29, 2002, 10:53:19 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 10:50:01 AM »

Kev, according to the fitting instructions they make it very important and clear that the tabs go under the rubber.  It is mentioned twice & underlined !
Loosen the handle and slip the scratch plate in from the top until the tabs sit on the screws.  This way the plate should sit flush against the door - there is no gasket beneath the scratch plate.
If the scratch plate has been bent a little over the years you may need to "adjust" it a little so it sits flush with the door.

Ken
59er

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 03:27:01 PM »

Slim and Ken Thanks for the information, I will put my new "Chrissie " present on.  Guess I'm a lucky boy.
Thanks again.
Kev...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: