FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:47:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rechroming  (Read 4825 times)
walks

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:30:26 PM »

Hi,
   Just wondering if any knows of a place in the Sydney area that does a decent rechroming job.
Cheers
Sheldon.

WALKS
craiga
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 10:40:08 PM »

Sheldon,

For bumpers and other steel based chroming 'Blu Chrome' at Condell Park do a good job, fast turn around and reasonable pricing. About 12 months ago I paid $330.00 for an FC front bar rechrome, very satisfied.

Blu-Chrome Pty Ltd
137 Eldridge Rd Bankstown NSW 2200
ph: (02) 9790 6834 Electroplating

Blu Chrome were recommended to me by Glenn Russell (FC-V8) and he was also happy with their work.

They will not do any cast work.

Hope that helps.

Craig.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 10:40:45 PM by craiga » Logged
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:38:15 AM »

Craig      
      Thank's for the info i know where my bumber's are getting  done now,the best i got in Newcastle was a quote for $600.00 per complete bumber disassembled aswell.Sheldon for around the $330.00 mark sound's like a fair price to me.thank's again.
                                                      Cheer's Col.  Wink
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »

Might have to check out that blue chrome myself,

Hey col,
sounds like you went to hamilton chrome, they are pretty pricey but the work is usually 100% fualtless even when not so perfect parts are put in, on the over end of the scale you could go to cardiff chrome if they are still there.
I had a grill done there and the stuffed up the first lower bar I put, luckily I had more in my stash but to do the lower bar, top surrounding peices and 2x uprights I paid $180, the edges looked a little rough but after 6 years the chrome still looks fresh. They might be able to do a bar for under $300.
I think cardiff chrome was on Pendlebury road on the left down towards midnight spares.
the chrome did spend quite a bit of time in salt air and never has had any signs of pitting.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »

Hey Col, did you try Cardiff electroplating? 49568233
"bumper bars a specialty" [Munibung Rd.]

Cheers Glenn
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 07:15:12 PM by Glenn_m. » Logged

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
walks

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 01:18:34 PM »

Craig,
        Thank you for the info, But the only bits I need rechromed are the cast bits unfortunately.
Cheers
Sheldon.

WALKS
craiga
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »

Sheldon,

There is a company is Queenbeyan that does VERY good die cast work. they can take a little while, but the results are worth the wait. They will also repair pitted items and not over linish, like some others. They were recommended to me by other forum users a while back and did a great job on my boot badge surround and rear 1/4 fins.

Electroplating technology
Unit 2/67 Thurralilly st Queanbeyan
02 62970535

Shayne or Brett.

Cheers,

Craig.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: