FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:35:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone in Qld a good painter? Private job?  (Read 2322 times)
buddha

Metrosexual???? ? Nah, Retrosexual!!!

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2006, 07:52:37 AM »

Hey guys, looking two paint may wagon. Its a daily driver so I'm not after a show job, rather a nice acrylic original period style job.  She damn straight and virtually rust free.  Looking for two tone white over blue etc.  I know there are a lot of handy guys on this site that now how to paint early holdens in their sleep.  I'll pay cash and even be a gopher if u want,  Any answers on price or info on a mate of a mate etc would be a great help. I would do it myself but I love the old girl and she needs an experienced set of hands. Cheers.

Andrew Cheesy Cheesy

FC's...... Chix diggit!
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 08:48:10 AM »

Andrew
        Have a go at it yourself Acrylic is very forgiving, I did my own wagon in Acrylic at home in garage. It was not hard at all as long as you prep it well. I was give prices ranging from $6000 up to $10000 but these were for 2 pack ended up costing me less than $1000 to do it myself.
Also with the V8 conversion you were asking about in another post, I put a chev v8 in my wagon again all the work was done at home by myself. Its was easy given the amount of Info avaliable here on the forum. I couldn't imagine the amount it would have cost to get someone to do this for me paying them an hourly rate.

Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
fc_1958

FC5959

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 10:02:45 PM »

Hi Andrew

Yep I agree with Glenn, have a go yourself - it's not too hard.

The cost of air compressors and spray guns are getting cheaper (should be less than $500) and you will still have the equipment for future projects.

Andrew

Andrew..... AKA   FB 60 on the "other" forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: