FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 16, 2024, 02:04:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: from pulse to cable  (Read 4229 times)
davids_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2004, 09:05:06 AM »

can anyone tell me if u can purchase an adaptor to turn a pulse reading for the speedo into a cable to mount up to the original fc speedo

and if its not possible would i be better to run a turbo 400 instead of a turbo 700 to fix the problem
                                                regards david
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 09:38:44 AM »

Hi David

Try General Auto Instruments at Lidcombe NSW (02) 96491442 a try, I'm pretty sure that they will have what you need otherwise they will point you in the right direction.  Additionally, they will have it at a fraction of the cost of a couple of other suppliers out there.

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
davids_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 09:45:54 AM »

thanx chuck,
i will give them a call tomorrow and see what the cost is
the freight to  Vic shouldnt be that much
                                                    regards david
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 10:00:24 AM »

No worries, glad to help.  These guys are extremely helpful.  They sell the cable to pulse adaptors used when swapping boxes in EFI conversions for about $88 + GST.  The others who sell looms with 10 pulse senders sell the same units for about $400.  They also make awesome cables for doing handbrake swaps etc…

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Graeme

one of thses days my wagon will be finished.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 10:03:03 AM »

G'day David,

Am running vl commodore motor and auto in my fc wagon and am currently grafting the vl speedo into the fc housing.  it looks like it will fit up ok with a bit a cutting here and there and allows me to run the commodore cable and wiring etc etc.

is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

graeme
davids_ute

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 08:51:39 PM »

hi graeme,
i was talking to sgo the other day(sunday) and he has got a great set up (v6and auto out of vp). he has used the vp dash cluster in it and it looks fantastic,BUT a little bit to hard for me to do i think do i would like to leave original cluster in if possible thats why i am enquiring about adaptors
                                                      cheers david
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 09:39:05 AM »

Theres a mob here in WA (Aisat? or similar) who have used the smarts from a VDO electoric and fitted into early holden speedo to keep original look (only an LCD odometer).. The guy who does them is away at the moment so I am yet to find out if the FC speedo can be done, I know he has done EH's.  I will post it on forums when I find out.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 10:46:51 PM »

"injection connection" in Perth make the pulse output with a piggyback for cable.

this is handy for EFI applications where a VSS pulse is required and also wishing to run the original speedo.

go to the kalmaker website for more info.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 05:03:38 AM »

I have spoken with Injection connection and they were VERY helpful, this is what I was told.

Hi Mike there is some mob that makes a gadget that converts the high voltage sine wave from the VS VSS which then drives a  small electric motor which drives a speedo cable. It looks like a heap of crap to me and not reliable enough.
The way we do it is, replace the main out put shaft of the tranny with one from a T700 as it has the notch required to take the speedo drive and removes the 40 tooth reluctor ring.
A normal T700 speedo drive is then fitted.
Next you need to buy from Holden a tail shaft yoke to suit a Getrag which has the 40 tooth rering grafted on to it. Then you only need to fabricate a braket to fit the Getrag VSS sensor which is the same as a ABS sensor.
This then connects to computer and you now have both systems 100% reliable and costs about $250.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: