FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:22:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Floor pan  (Read 5855 times)
corm

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:31:39 PM »

wondering if anybody has a genuine passenger side front floor pan forsale, also still after a really good dent free front guard spear FC(passenger side),located in Canberra thanks. Wayne.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:36:34 PM by stinky » Logged
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 11:11:15 PM »

Hi Corm,

AFAIK NOS front pan sections came in short and full sections. The short ones extend as far as the set of full length strangethening ribs. If you have a look at the one we fitted to the NSF of Nev, that is an uncut section, here;

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=album;action=display;num=1163736355

So if your front floor isn't too bad you could get away with a short section. If you can, the Rares pans aren't too bad for this. The NOS are much better if you need a full pan.

By the way if your rear floor is rusted up the tunnel sides and towards the front of the rear seat mount, a NOS section is not large enough, but the Rares ones are.

Hope this helps

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Brad

My FC Van in 1986 and I still have It

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:46:49 PM »

Hi John
           Where can I buy  2 x NOS  full floor pans for my van. It's had rare's fitted about 18 years ago but I'm not happy with the finish and I'm thinking about replacing them. If I can get NOS I would definitely replace them. I'm in Brisbane.
      Brad.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:01:44 AM by BRAD » Logged

Id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy
corm

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 01:48:48 AM »

John,
thanks for that mate, I'll need the full section worst luck and i would prefer genuine if possible thanks again.
wayne.
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:39 AM »

Hi Wayne and Brad.

Unfortunately you can't readily get NOS pans. You could post a wanted for them.

We have had to put a rares OSF pan in Nev, thought it was NOS but it wasn't !@#$, should have checked more carefully.

We will be welding this in this weekend. I will then detail the massaging required. The biggest problem with them is not fitting them, it's that the ribs are not as crisp as the factory ones.

Stay tuned
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »

AFAIK there are no NOS floor pans around, In 30 years of looking at parts - I have never seen one.  I did see an entire front floor once which has a part number, but never a floor pan. What you need to remeber is that FC floor pans have been rusting since the 60's and a number of aftermarket companies made them over the years including R/S who have been making them for at least 20 years as well.  Over this time there have been many different styles and thicknesses and lengths and pressings - some good and some bad.
I would think apart from a few VERY RARE examples of genuine GMH stock - these would have dried up in the late 70's. Look for quality, not necessarily age!
Ken
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »

Ken, the yellow coloured sections I fitted to Nev came from the NOS warehouse.

Given that the guys have a shed full of new factory panels and that  they match the existing floors perfectly, have a lip which matches the inner sill perfectly and the ribs stampings are identical with the existing floors. I reckon its a fair call that they are factory.

If they're not, they're the best repo panels I've ever seen.

Cheers
John

Brad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 11:15:49 PM »

Okay
          So where is this NOS warehouse and how do I get in contact with them to see if they have pans for my van.
                      Brad.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 05:44:24 AM »

Absolutely Nev, if they came from there then there is a every chance they are GMH items.  I never saw any of the stuff from the warehouse.

Press marks are the biggest giveaway since only GMH presses gave the same exact shape as the original floor.
Also not a single repro floor pan had the drain holes in them.  I assume yours had the drain holes?

Ken
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2006, 11:02:12 AM »

Hey guys.
In my opinion, the yellow/green rust repair sections were made by B & S.
B & S = Barber and Sons. They were located in Alexandria, and stopped making patch panels about 20 years ago. They also made headlight peaks and lower guard sections. It was quality stuff.
I believe not everything from the NOS guys is NOS. These guys bought a collection of FC parts from a guy who bought up everything he could find for FC. Most was NOS, some was good secondhand and some was early repro.
Regards
Alex

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

Thanks Ken and Alex.

Ken, they don't have drain holes and given Alex's advice, it appears they aren't genuine. As Alex states, they are of excellent quality.

Brad, I don't think the guys at NOS have any more left, I think I got the last ones Wink

Thanks for the heads up guys Smiley
Cheers
John

Brad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »

Thanks John
                   If you or anyone else has the contact phone number for the NOS warehouse I would really appreciate it so I could check for myself. As I said , mine are a sad reproduction  and the pressed lines don't match very well at all.
     Thanks Brad.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 12:26:36 AM »

Do a search for "NOS warehouse", the phone number(s) have been posted quite a few times.

There's a thread in the General Board called "NOS Warehouse", for example.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: