FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:28:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NSW 'Real Fine Stuff' 26 September 2009 Londonderry  (Read 14809 times)
Yeti

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

The reason for this post to day though is to promote an event I am event I am involved with,, on Saturday the 26th of September we are having our annual RFS Station Open day, but we thought we’d step it up a notch and we are now holding the Real Fine Stuff Automotive Day.

This thing is open to any thing with an engine or wheels whilst the event is being supported by 2 hot rod clubs the day is open to all forms Automotive.

There’s no actual judged classes but there will be a few awards based on the entrants the fireys think are most out standing.

The plan is for a casual event, with plenty to keep the whole family occupied, there will be Fire fighting demos, the kids (big & small) can climb all over the trucks play with charged hoses, what ever all the guys and girls will be only to happy to show you over every thing, this is the perfect time to ask any questions you have about prepare your home for the upcoming fire season, on top of this we hope to bring back the Londonderry community markets these have every thing from brick-a-brac to Nanas home made cakes and biscuits throw in some cool cars and it ticks every box for pretty much every body.

The event will be held on Saturday 26th of September 2009 at Londonderry oval (enter off Trahlee Road via Londonderry Road) start time is 9am

For more information on the day go to http://www.hotrodclub.info/Rodrun.htm

At Londonderry we are a Village category station this means we not only do bush grass and scrub fire but we also respond to homes and other structures as well as Motor vehicle accidents and any thing else your normal full time or retained fire brigade would turn out too.

This will be the focus of our demonstrations, what to do if you have a kitchen fire, how to choose an extinguisher, demonstrations on using the extinguisher. We are also planning a joint demonstration with another organisation with a simulated motor vehicle accident, (this is planed to go worst case scenario )

So we figure as we have a car there to do with as we see fit, why not blow the engine up, it’s a little different to guessing how many jelly beans in a jar as we don’t know before we turn the key how long it will last.

On top of this we are planning a little audience participation, so how strong are you guys?Huh How about we face off 2 Fire tankers + 2 lengths of rope 2 teams, who can tug the tanker over the distance faster?Huh? Come on guys show us what ya got!!!!

You would think all that would fill the day up wouldn’t you? Well we haven’t stopped there, we also have DylanDrew performing on the truck stage and are working on securing other acts.

For any one that may be interested our brigade has serviced not only the community of Londonderry but also other regions around NSW and even interstate over the last 50+ years. Last year Londonderry RFS was one of the busiest volunteer brigades in the state attending well over 200 incident calls. As well as responding to fire / emergency calls we as a brigade have spent thousands of hours both educating and actively preventing fire with in the community.

The reason we are holding this day as part of the State wide RFS open day scheme is to raise much needed funds to extend our existing fire station with a third engine bay, this is to house the third vehicle our brigade has that is currently housed at our Captains residence, as you can imagine this is not the ideal situation so we are working hard to raise the necessary funds to carryout this extension.

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »

If your watching the news guys keep an eye out for Londonderry 1 Alpha we have 2 crews (Day shift / Night shift) down in Ulladulla I saw 1/2 a snippit of the guys on the 7am news
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:26:08 PM »

Today we had the photographer out for some shots to go with an article they are running for the event.

Here’s some we got while the real camera dude was taking proper photos

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »

Not long now guys
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

Just to clarify a few points that seem to be the focus of most phone calls I have relating to the event

There is no pre registration, just turn up on the day, the guys from the hotrod clubs will park you, they will then come to you and you fill out a simple entry thing pay your $5.00 and enjoy the day. We figure your there to support us and have a good time so why bother with pre registration formalities.

Yes every one in your car gets in with the $5.00 entry fee, hell you’ve been supportive enough to come out we’re not gonna hit you up any extra for your passengers.

ITS NOT JUST HOT RODS,  the event is open to any thing with wheels, including but defiantly not limited to, hotrod’s customs, classics, muscle cars, drag cars, street machines, imports, rotaries, 4WD’s late model cars, mini trucks, feral Ute’s bikes, choppers, working trucks, fender benders, if its got wheels bring it out we’d love to see it.

As you can see, by the amount of styles of cars encouraged to enter it would be impossible to have category’s so there are no categories, you won’t be winning best Sedan, Coupe Ute or pick up. The judging is done by the firefighters and there will be a trophy for each ranging field officer, Captain, Senior Deputy Captain, Deputy Captain & 2 X Fire fighters trophies.

Here’s the Captains Trophy so you know what were talking about no there not your average gold coloured plastic thing, you get form the local trophy shop.   

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »

Is that Neo Dutch's striping on that hat by any chance?

in the shed
jack_fc

Model: FC

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »

If the event is as impressive as the trophies, it'll be a bloody ripper!

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 04:58:32 PM »

And Yeti; just a suggestion - to raise awareness on this forum, maybe you need some more pics advertising the event; you know, maybe something like pics containing a cool old car, some fire-fighting equipment, etc... hey, why not include a delectable young lady - that'd be sure to generate some heat  Wink   Grin

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 08:15:06 PM »

Old Cars

Tick

Fire fighting and equipment

Tick

And a young lady

now come on out on Saturday the 26th and you can thank me for cluttering up your forum in person  Tongue
jack_fc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 08:40:34 PM »

Thanks Yeti, but where's the real nice pair??   Wink

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:28 AM »

Is that Neo Dutch's striping on that hat by any chance?

Nope thats Carp's work but Neo is one of the other artists doing one  Wink
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 06:43:38 AM »

Thanks Yeti, but where's the real nice pair??   Wink

Here you go Jack_fc

the perfect pair

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 06:36:28 AM »

Program

Cars can set up from 7am we're casual so I dotn care if you turn up later
9am Gates open
10am RFS Demonstration
10.30 Tanker Tag,
11.00 RFS Demonstration
11.30 Engine Blowup
12.00 Joint exercise between VRA & RFS
12.30 Trophy Presentation
1.00 pm the DylanDrew take the stage
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 02:05:43 PM »

Heres another couple of trophys

Air Speeds one

Rowe's one

[img]http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp85/BlurredVision08/Stuph/DCP_5014.jpg[/img

I'll hopfully pick up NeoDuch's on tomorrow
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 05:56:11 AM »

2 more sleeps

heres Neo Dutch's trophy

Is it wrong to not want to give these away  :cry:
Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 07:37:22 AM »

I would like to thank every one who came out and supported the Londonderry Rural Fire Brigade yesterday for what was the first Real Fine Stuff Automotive days, even with the wind and dust storms we had from 2am we managed to get over  120+ cars through the gate. Can you imagine how big it would have been if the weather was like it was on Friday.

Unfortunately I was busy all day and didn’t get a chance to meet as many people as I would have liked and even then it was very brief but if I didn’t get to meet you I hope you had a great time and I would love to see you back next year because the way I see it is if in the middle of a dust storm you can achieve 120 + Really Fine cars and bikes this has to be an event that should continue.

Here's some pics my mate Hewey took

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »

heres some more

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 07:44:20 AM »

heres some more

Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »