FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:46:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC's found in back yard  (Read 6919 times)
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »

I was searching around on "google street" the other night and came across a workshop back yard which had a small collection of fc cars in it.

I dont know how to add a link but if you search ADDRESS REMOVED BY ADMIN then manouvre to the rear of the shop you will see them in a yard behind locked cyclone gates, looks to be a couple of sedans and a windowless van.

anyone else found random fc's on google street?Huh
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:32:54 PM by RET » Logged
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:05:02 AM »

then manouvre to the rear of the shop you will see them in a yard behind locked cyclone gates

How were you stalking when you found these?   Grin  Grin  Grin

I couldn't find it from your address details. EDITED BY ADMIN

Red
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:35:35 PM by RET » Logged

1959 FC Holden Ute
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »

ADDRESS REMOVED BY ADMIN

I KINDA KNOW THE PEOPLE AT THE ADDRESS FROM YEARS AGO AND WAS JUST HAVING A BIT OF A GOOGLE AT SOME ADDRESSES I KNOW
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 08:37:33 PM by RET » Logged
FC P/VAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »

oops my bad, the number should read 118

i think my fat fingers have mashed too many keyboard numbers and letters
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:28:46 PM »

This is your Administrator speaking...

Could we please avoid publishing people's addresses here without their consent?

I appreciate that the images on Google maps and Street view are in the public domain, but publishing identifying information could land you and the forum in hot water were the resident to get their nose out of joint about it.

We must not forget that what we write here is visible to anyone.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »

What is google street - is it something you have to download?
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 06:50:26 AM »

It's part of Google Maps. Google "Google Street View", or see Wikipedia. I don't believe Ireland is covered (yet), but I could be wrong on that.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »

Paul just type "google earth" into google, you'll have to download it, once you have it just type in any address you want, It'll give you an overhead view or a street view, very handy for looking at real estate and good fun to play with when you're bored.
                    Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 06:00:47 PM »

I have google earth and when I went to *DELETED BY ADMIN*  Grin it was very low res. thats why I thought maybe it was a different programme.
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 09:34:17 PM »

i  HATE  this google earth  Angry, i have a few ol cars , my good+ rego ones are in a large  alarmed shed... so i have cars that i have picked up over the years that are good for parts for the cars i own sittin in the back paddock, some ya can see ...some i thought are hidden away , and yep cause ya can just see em from the road ...which is on a rural area once  some turkey came over and asked wot i was going to do with this car(monaro). Angry..i thought it was hidden, although it is a spare parts car and rusty....had the nerve to say he looked it up on google earth, Angry Shocked and wanted to know if he could look at it.. Huh...while my german shepard was goin off his head at him, i politely pointed to the 5 signs on the padlocked gate. Angry..keep out , sorry nothing for sale , beware of dogs , you enter you get bitten, dont ask its not for sale.... Roll Eyes.you think people would get the hint. Roll Eyes.... i have scrap guys always coming over always wantin to know if i want to "get rid of the cars", the last one offered me $30 a car...piss off !!!. Angry..guys wantin to buy parts, or have a look at em...its got me stuffed .... Huh

so some much for privacy!!! Huh

mr cb

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 10:35:22 PM »

Hey crashbox you wouldn't happen to have a ........   Lips sealed Grin (just kidding)

You can contact Google and ask to have the images removed from "Streetview" not sure about the overhead shots though, there's usually not enough detail in them anyway.

crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 11:12:28 PM »

hey thanks for that , didnt know i could request that ....i will be doing that . THANKS MATE! Wink

mr cb Wink

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: